By NPD DisplaySearch
Published: Jul 03,2014
Following cylindrical cells price and volume usage declines, supply and demand for the technology is expected to remain flat in the second quarter of 2014, due to lowered supply coupled with slight demand increases. Additionally, manufacturers estimate prices will stabilize, ending roughly a two-year decline, according to recent findings from EnergyTrend, a subsidiary of Taiwan-based market intelligence firm TrendForce...
Contrary to PV manufacturers’ high utilization rates spurred by UK and Japan market demands in first quarter of 2014, pricing in the PV industry is likely to drop in the following quarter, according to EnergyTrend, a subsidiary of Taiwan-based market intelligence firm TrendForce...
In the first quarter of 2014, traditionally a weak season for consumer electronic products, shipment volume of global tablet TFT-LCD panels reached 601.4 million units, down 32.6% sequentially. This decline is mainly ascribed to the fact that inventory clearance took place in the first quarter of 2014 following panel replenishment in the fourth quarter of 2013...
Larger displays with higher resolutions are leading growth in the global professional graphics display category. According to the new NPD DisplaySearch Report, shipments are forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 3% through 2017...
LED price for lighting applications have dropped around 3-7% in 2Q14. Similarly, backlight-use LED prices have also seen a decline, dipping around 5-10%, with direct-type TV backlight-use LEDs decreasing by 13% due to fierce market competition, according to the recent price report from LEDinside, the green energy research division of TrendForce...
Worldwide Mobile Subscriber database, worldwide LTE subscribers will reach the 205-million milestone in 2Q 2014. There are 238 operators in 101 countries with LTE networks up and running, according to Taiwan's MIC. Highlights of MIC Worldwide Mobile Subscriber database’s latest LTE research findings include: Europe: － 101 commercial LTE networks deployed in 41 countries...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 5Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 6Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 7Fab Spending Poised For Remarkable Fourth Year of Growth
- 8Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 9Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Spending Declined 11.5% in 2013
- 10Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017