Published: Apr 11,2014
Worldwide PC shipments totaled 76.6 million units in the first quarter of 2014, a 1.7 %decline from the first quarter of 2013, according to preliminary results by Gartner. The severity of the decline eased compared with the past seven quarters...
Worldwide semiconductor capital equipment spending totaled $33.8 billion in 2013, an 11.5 percent decline from 2012, according to final results by Gartner, Inc. Wafer-level manufacturing equipment demand performed above the market with strength in lithography and associated processes, while back-end manufacturing segments fared significantly worse than average...
According to IDC's EMEA Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker, 33.0% of all new servers shipped in EMEA in the fourth quarter of 2013 (4Q13) were virtualized, a moderate increase from 30.0% in 4Q12. Physical server shipments were flat this quarter, showing only a 0...
With the global economy showing signs of a gradual recovery, worldwide IT spending is on pace to total $3.8 trillion in 2014, a 3.2 percent increase from 2013 spending, according to the latest forecast by Gartner, Inc. "Globally, businesses are shaking off their malaise and returning to spending on IT to support the growth of their business," said Richard Gordon, managing vice president at Gartner...
Business IT spending in the UAE is expected to increase 8.3% year on year in 2014 to total $4.63 billion, according to the IDC. Referencing its recently released United Arab Emirates Vertical Markets 2013–2017 IT Spending Forecast, IDC anticipates healthy growth over the 2013–2017 forecast period as the governments of Abu Dhabi and Dubai continue to spend on upgrading the country's infrastructure...
According to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), an ICT industry research institute based in Taipei, the worldwide IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) subscriber base totaled around 92.7 million, up 23.7% year-on-year in 1Q 2014...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 5Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 6Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 7Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 8End-User Applications in Transport Services and Special Machinery Remain Unchartered Territory
- 9Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015
- 102Q14 Mobile DRAM Revenue Ranking Shifts, SK Hynix Retakes Second with 35% Growth