Published: Sep 16,2014
Worldwide 4K2K panel shipments are estimated to total around 17.23 million units in 2014, up 473.4% in comparison to 2013, according to MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute). "4K2K LCD TV panels continue to gain intense market attention in 2014, as evidenced by global panel makers' continued aggressive plans for 4K2K panels, " said Brian Chen, industry analyst with MIC...
In the second quarter of 2014, the Chinese smartphone industry's shipment volume reached 104.2 million units, up 17% sequentially, with a total number of 560 models launched during the quarter. Over 85% of the smartphones sold in China were low-cost models with a price tag below 2,000 RMB (US$325...
Shipment volume of Taiwanese smartphone brands topped around 78.1 million units in the second quarter of 2014, up 65% sequentially and 13.8% year-on-year. Lackluster sales of HTC M8 had dragged down the industry's growth rate and led to a higher inventory level, thereby slowing shipments for M8 in the subsequent quarter...
According to the NPD DisplaySearch, Apple and Chinese brands are expected to purchase nearly three-quarters (73%) of all high resolution LCDs using LTPS (low temperature polysilicon) and oxide TFT technologies for smartphones...
According to WitsView, global shipments of large-size panels fell 5% on month to 68.21 million in July. LCD TV panel shipments reached 20.86 million, down 0.4% on month, while monitor panel shipments reached 12.72 million, a 5...
2Q14 Mobile DRAM Revenue Ranking Shifts, SK Hynix Retakes Second with 35% Growth According to DRAMeXchange, global mobile DRAM revenue amounted to US$3.3 billion in the second quarter, accounting for 31% of DRAM industry value, a slight increase over 29% in the first quarter...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 5Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 6Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 7Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 8Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015
- 9End-User Applications in Transport Services and Special Machinery Remain Unchartered Territory
- 10Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Spending Declined 11.5% in 2013