Published: Sep 22,2014
Global semiconductor market value is estimated to reach approximately US$336.3 billion units in 2015, up 3.1% in comparison to 2014, delighted by the arrival of the Apple Watch and IOT (Internet Of Things) devices, according to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute)...
Worldwide 4K2K panel shipments are estimated to total around 17.23 million units in 2014, up 473.4% in comparison to 2013, according to MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute). "4K2K LCD TV panels continue to gain intense market attention in 2014, as evidenced by global panel makers' continued aggressive plans for 4K2K panels, " said Brian Chen, industry analyst with MIC...
In the second quarter of 2014, the Chinese smartphone industry's shipment volume reached 104.2 million units, up 17% sequentially, with a total number of 560 models launched during the quarter. Over 85% of the smartphones sold in China were low-cost models with a price tag below 2,000 RMB (US$325...
Shipment volume of Taiwanese smartphone brands topped around 78.1 million units in the second quarter of 2014, up 65% sequentially and 13.8% year-on-year. Lackluster sales of HTC M8 had dragged down the industry's growth rate and led to a higher inventory level, thereby slowing shipments for M8 in the subsequent quarter...
According to the NPD DisplaySearch, Apple and Chinese brands are expected to purchase nearly three-quarters (73%) of all high resolution LCDs using LTPS (low temperature polysilicon) and oxide TFT technologies for smartphones...
According to WitsView, global shipments of large-size panels fell 5% on month to 68.21 million in July. LCD TV panel shipments reached 20.86 million, down 0.4% on month, while monitor panel shipments reached 12.72 million, a 5...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 5Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 6Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 7Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015
- 8Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 9Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Spending Declined 11.5% in 2013
- 10Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016