In line with the megatrend towards smarter and informative vehicles, automakers have aggressively developed new technolo...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - While the ICT industry will move towards new aspects of intelligence, openness, service, and integration...
"Many application markets for small and medium size TFT-LCD panels have reached the point of saturation, and growth has stagnated," says Joy Tsai, an analyst at MIC. "A few application markets that manage to keep growing are anticipated to slow down, too."
Smartphones have become the growth driver of small and medium size TFT-LCD panel shipments, thanks to the buoyant demand in China. Last year, smartphones accounted for around 40% of the small and medium size TFT-LCD panels shipped around the world.
Automotive panel market was another application market that sustained growth in 2014, owing to vendors' long-term deployment in the niche market and increasing needs from consumers for in-car mobile communication and video/audio systems.
As panel shipments for different applications ebbed and flowed, the overall shipments of small and medium size TFT-LCD panels reached around 3.1 billion units in 2014, down 0.3% year on year.
- 1Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 2Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 3Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 4UAV Patents Focus on "Navigation by More than One Navigational Value" and " Course in 3D"
- 5Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume to Grow 10% in 2017
- 6China’s Top 4 Brands See Steady Growth While Xiaomi Resuming Momentum