In line with the megatrend towards smarter and informative vehicles, automakers have aggressively developed new technolo...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - While the ICT industry will move towards new aspects of intelligence, openness, service, and integration...
"After three years of development, the global tablet market reached merely 1.3% year-on-year growth in 2014, due mainly to the increasingly saturated market and lack of eye-catching innovations," says Joen Yang, senior industry analyst with MIC.
Yang further explains, application processors for tablets can be clearly segmented based on price criterion. While international brands often opt for energy-efficient processors from Nvidia and Intel for their mid-range and high-end products, Chinese white-box tablets targeting the mid-range and value-line market users often run on processors from MediaTek and Chinese suppliers such as Allwinner, Rockchip, and Amlogic.
Apple and Samsung's tablets come with own custom application processors. Thus far, the share of international branded tablets using China-made application processors remains insignificant.
- 1Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 2Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 3Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 4UAV Patents Focus on "Navigation by More than One Navigational Value" and " Course in 3D"
- 5Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume to Grow 10% in 2017
- 6China’s Top 4 Brands See Steady Growth While Xiaomi Resuming Momentum