TAIPEI, Taiwan - Owing largely in part to strong sales of PC VR (Virtual Reality) and standalone VR HMD (Head Mounted Display) devices...
The Taiwanese IPC industry's shipment value grew 8.8% sequentially in the fourth quarter of 2016 to about NTD 39.6 billion (USD 1...
"The motherboard industry has done relatively well in the third quarter of 2016 due largely in part to the increased gaming demand during the summer vacation period and the availability of higher-performance graphics for gaming motherboards," says Claire Lin, industry analyst with MIC.
Lin said that the deferred shipment of Intel's new platform Kaby Lake, coupled with the lack of strong growth incentives, is anticipated to drag the global motherboard and desktop PC shipments in the fourth quarter of 2016.
“While the second-half growth of motherboard shipments will be highly correlated to sales of gaming graphics, the desktop PC shipment performance will depend mainly on potential replacement demand for commercial desktop PCs.”Lin stressed.
- 1The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 2Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 3Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 4Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 5The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 6Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to See 5.5% Growth in 2016
- 7Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 8PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 9Taiwan OLED Display Panel Suppliers Overview
- 10Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017