TAIPEI, Taiwan - Owing largely in part to strong sales of PC VR (Virtual Reality) and standalone VR HMD (Head Mounted Display) devices...
The Taiwanese IPC industry's shipment value grew 8.8% sequentially in the fourth quarter of 2016 to about NTD 39.6 billion (USD 1...
According to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), a Taipei-based research institute, that Chinese homegrown brands have accounted for a majority share in local home appliances, especially washing machine, refrigerator, and air conditioner.
MIC noted, in January 2017, Haier and Littleswan accounted for over 40% of the Chinese washing machine market, while Haier and Midea took up for nearly 40% of the refrigerator market.
As for air conditioners, Gree and Midea had a whopping share of over 60%. The Chinese LCD market concentration is relatively low and is more equally distributed, with Hisense and Haier being the top two brands in terms of sales volume in January 2017,
- 1Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017
- 2Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 3Computer Technology and Control are the Most Important Smart Home Appliance Patent Fields
- 4IMP Remains Mainstream Resolution for Consumer IP Cameras
- 5Seasonal Rush for Gaming PCs to Bolster Global Motherboard and Desktop PC Shipments in 2H
- 6Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016
- 7Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 8Chinese Smartphone-based VR Headsets Enjoy Fastest Growth
- 9Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 10Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017