TAIPEI, Taiwan - Acer today announced the aiSage, an Artificial Intelligence + Internet of Things (AIoT) edge computing device with a built-in camera...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Acer announced new executive appointments for Co-Chief Operating Officers (Co-COO), effective November 8...
Despite their resignations, reluctantly accepted by the Board, both J.T. Wang and Jim Wong have committed to remain with Acer as advisors to ensure a smooth transition and transfer of the management team and to help the company back to stability.
In addition to the appointment of Stan Shih, the Board also resolved to relinquish the position of the CEO. Former CEO duties will be charged to the Chairman or President and this is expected to boost the company’s decision making efficiency.
Stan Shih said, “Due to the situation that now faces Acer and my personal social responsibilities, I must stand up and take the reign without salary.”
Shih continued, “I will honor and complete all the public affairs and event engagements that I have committed to, but I will also fully support Acer’s ICT device business and carry out the company transformation. In addition, George Huang who is one of my co-founding partners of Acer will join with me and the management team to lead our company at this time.”
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Gartner Identifies Top 10 Strategic IoT Technologies and Trends, AI Ranks NO.1
- 2Tokyo Electron Closing in on Applied Materials as Semiconductor Equipment Leader
- 3Imec Demonstrates First Bluetooth Low Energy Secure Passive Keyless Entry Solution for Automotive
- 4Keysight, China Telecom Collaborate to Accelerate Commercial Deployment of 5G Technology
- 5Mitsubishi, the University of Tokyo Reveal New Mechanism for Enhancing Reliability of SiC Power ICs