TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSCM) Chairman Morris Chang announced his retireme...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – TSMC Chairman Morris Chang today announced his retirement in June 2018, and will not participate in any TSMC management activities...
Morris Chang also pointed that, with the development of advanced process of IC production, the competitors will be getting less and less; moreover TSMC has more prominent technology, capacity, capability and customer relationship than Intel and Samsung.
He added that, first of all TSMC’s 14/16 nm manufacturing process technology is better than Samsung and Intel, the prominent supplier of CPU for big server, has no competition ability yet in the mobile equipment market, where the main target by TSMC.
Secondly, as for the aspect of production capability and capacity, TSMC is far ahead of Samsung, and Intel is not the competitor, either. Lastly, TSMC has gain more confidence by customers than Samsung.
The R&D progress of TSMC’s next-gen 10 nm manufacturing process, whose tape-out will be finished with client for the next year, is achieved on schedule, Morris added.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Mobile DRAM Prices to Go Up by 10~15% in 4Q17, Says TrendForce
- 2Taiwan’s CPT Successful Lights QLED Display Technology
- 3E-Paper Turns to Public Displays, Fashion, and Architecture Applications
- 4NAND Flash Market to Regain Balance in 2018 with Annual Bit Supply Growing by 42.9%, TrendForce Says
- 5TrendForce Finds x86 Processors Continues to Corner Server Market This Year