Synopsys announced its collaboration with TSMC to develop DesignWare Foundation IP for TSMC's 22-nanometer (nm) ultra-low power (ULP) and ultra-low leakage (ULL) processes...
According to IC Insights’ McClean Report, the top eight major foundry leaders (i.e., sales of ≥$1.0 billion) held 88% of the $62...
Morris Chang also pointed that, with the development of advanced process of IC production, the competitors will be getting less and less; moreover TSMC has more prominent technology, capacity, capability and customer relationship than Intel and Samsung.
He added that, first of all TSMC’s 14/16 nm manufacturing process technology is better than Samsung and Intel, the prominent supplier of CPU for big server, has no competition ability yet in the mobile equipment market, where the main target by TSMC.
Secondly, as for the aspect of production capability and capacity, TSMC is far ahead of Samsung, and Intel is not the competitor, either. Lastly, TSMC has gain more confidence by customers than Samsung.
The R&D progress of TSMC’s next-gen 10 nm manufacturing process, whose tape-out will be finished with client for the next year, is achieved on schedule, Morris added.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 3TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce