As expected, most IC suppliers experienced weaker demand and generally poor sales results in the first half of this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and strained U...
HSINCHU, Taiwan - TSMC is showcasing the latest developments in its advanced logic technology, specialty technologies, 3DIC system integration solutions...
It is believed that in the foreseeable furture, besides the strong demand of the back-end cloud data centers, as well as a microcontroller (MCU) plus Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or networking chips for the front-end are also needed, which will become the main growth driver for the whole semiconductor ecosystem and supply chains.
When talking about the advanced production, as Moore’s Law continues, Mark Liu predicted that the 10nm will occupy 55 percent of the company’s revenue in 2020. On the other hands, TSMC will use immersion lithography tools for 10nm production, working with ASML with the objective at some future point if extreme ultraviolet (EUV) becomes manufacturing ready.
Meanwhile, TSMC will start 10nm production at its existing Taichung, Taiwan site, where the chipmaker will later embark on production at more advanced technology nodes
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1TIE Showcases Taiwan's Smart Value and R&D Capacities of Government Agencies
- 2TrendForce Announces 10 Tech Industry Trends for 2021
- 3Realtek Second Generation 2.5GbE Provides an Advanced Ethernet Solution for Modern Demands
- 4MicroSAM – The New Microcontroller-Agnostic Module Form Factor for the Enablement of Smart Sensors
- 5Lextar Partners With X Display to Accelerate MicroLED Mass Production