HSINCHU, Taiwan –MediaTek today announced advances in its collaboration with Intel to bring 5G experiences to next-gen...
HSINCHU, Taiwan – MediaTek and Samsung introduced the world’s first 8K QLED TV equipped with MediaTek’s custom Wi-Fi 6 chipset, the Samsung 8K QLED Y20 model (Q950, Q900)...
AIT is a fabless IC design company which specializes in Image signal processing(ISP) technology and multimedia processors(MMP) for portable devices and consumer markets. Its product portfolio includes TV/Web camera processors for smart TVs and high definition video communications like skype video conferencing, Multimedia processors for digital video recorders, car DV and personal media players, and high-end ISP for smart phones.
MediaTek pointed out that MStar Semiconductors investigated the needs for a long-term development strategy, increasing product lines and expanding the scale of operations, and increasing their competitiveness in the global market, and they consequently decided to merge with AIT.
After the merger is completed, AIT will become a subsidiary company of MStar Semiconductors. Currently AIT has a workforce of approximately 100 employees; whereas MStar Semiconductors has between two and three thousand employees.
This merger will be carried out in two phases. The open acquisition period will be from April 10 to May 8, and as soon as the open stakes exceed 51% a shareholders meeting will be convened to discuss a 100% merger.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Wistron to Sell Wistron InfoComm Manufacturing and Wistron Investmen to Luxshare Group
- 2AUO and Samsung Jointly Enter the Premium Home Electronics Market with 8K Bezel-less TV Displays
- 3Chip Manufacturing Equipment Spending to Hit Record High $70 Billion in 2021 After Strong 2020
- 4Analog’s $20bn Maxim Deal Another Example of Semiconductor Sector Shakeout, says GlobalData
- 5CyberLink, Municipal Parking Services to Bring FaceMe Facial Recognition to Sentry Health Kiosks