Cadence Design Systems today announced the results of a three-way collaboration with TSMC and Microsoft focused on utili...
Synopsys announced certification of its digital and custom design platforms for TSMC's N6 and N5 process technologies. S...
The environmental assessment was mainly for the manufacture process change applying of TSMC, which will increase the water and power consumption. And according to the Taiwan’s regulations, it has to conduct a environmental assessment to confirm the difference of changes.
TSMC said the production of 5-nanometer process will increase of 43% of power consumption and 37% of water consumption relative to the 28-nanometer. And the 5-nanometer process is expected to start next year after obtaining the permission.
And due to process change, Tainan Science Park of Taiwan need to increase 50,000 tons of water and 700,000 kilowatts of electricity consumption per day.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Wistron to Sell Wistron InfoComm Manufacturing and Wistron Investmen to Luxshare Group
- 2Apple to Start Mass Producing Self-Designed Mac SoC, Projected to Cost under US$100, in 1H21
- 3Arrow, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics Join Forces to Deliver IoT Modules for Smart Appli
- 4Analog’s $20bn Maxim Deal Another Example of Semiconductor Sector Shakeout, says GlobalData
- 5China Steps up Pace of Mini/Micro LED Commercialization, Total Project Investment Reaches ¥39.1B