Macronix International announced the new Ultra-OctaFlash, following its initial launch in 2015. The new ultra-high perfo...
Macronix announced its AEC-Q100 Grade 2/3 compliant NAND Flash memory product. The NAND Flash memory has passed all the AEC-Q100 reliability standards...
Macronix yesterday announced that their consolidated revenue for 2016 Q4 was NT$6.766 billion, with a quarterly reduction of 5%, a gross margin of 32%, and earnings valued at NT$0.2 per share.
Taking aim at this year's NOR Flash market, Chih-Yuan Lu pointed out that for a number of demand drivers such as IoT, automotive electronics, and electric cars, NOR Flash is already in short supply with prices continually rising by 5% to 10% each quarter. Hence, the supply and demand situation is increasingly tense, and this situation is expected to continue throughout the year.
Regarding NAND Flash, Chih-Yuan Lu is optimistic about the development of automotive electronics and pointed out that all of the SLC NAND Flash that Macronix has rolled out has attained AEC-Q100 certification, which signifies that it can be used in automotive electronics. Therefore, the company's SLC NAND Flash is expected to experience positive growth this year.
In addition, regarding whether or not Macronix is considering taking over Micron Technology Inc.'s NOR Flash sales department, Chih-Yuan Lu said that Macronix will face the issue with an open attitude and evaluate the possibilities.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Taiwan Issues Approval for First IoT Telecommunications Gateway Numbers to Far EasTone
- 2SoftBank, Sprint, Far EasTone and TBCASoft Launch Blockchain Consortium for Telecom Carriers
- 3We Can Financial Technology Showcases Its IoT Based Smart POS Solution at WCIT 2017
- 4EPD Market Expected to Grow At a Staggering CAGR of Almost 39%
- 5Sharp Releases the World's First 8K-Compatible TVs in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Europe