TAIPEI, Taiwan - TSMC on last Friday in Southern Taiwan Science Park held a groundbreaking ceremony for the first phase ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSMC) on December 7 of this week will hold a supply chain forum...
Currently, Japan's Toshiba corporation is looking for buyers to sell its chip unit. A Many major global technology companies including Taiwan's Hon Hai and Broadcom, Western Digital, Micron and Microsoft are interested in the bidding. TSMC chairman Morris Chang also had said that TSMC will evaluate the bidding. However, last wee, TSMC said publicly that it will not participate in the bid.
Lora Ho, CFO of TSMC, said that TSMC had evaluate the Toshiba chip unit bidding, and decided not to participate.
She said that the TSMC made this decision based on two points, first, the gap of the business model between the two industries and companies are very large; second, the benefit is not obvious if TSMC acquires Toshiba chip. Thus, TSMC decided not to join the bidding.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1NDRC and Samsung Are Said to Be Signing MOU, which Could Moderate DRAM Price Rises, Says TrendForce
- 2Winbond: DRAM and Flash to Remain Stable in 2018
- 3Groundbreaking for TSMC 5nm Factory Estimated for 2020
- 4Shipments of Gaming Monitors to Grow by 40% in 2018, Says TrendForce
- 5Innolux’s AM miniLED Panels to be Mass Produced in Two Years