TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSMC) on December 7 of this week will hold a supply chain forum...
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC) Founder Morris Chang has finally decided to formally give up h...
Currently, Japan's Toshiba corporation is looking for buyers to sell its chip unit. A Many major global technology companies including Taiwan's Hon Hai and Broadcom, Western Digital, Micron and Microsoft are interested in the bidding. TSMC chairman Morris Chang also had said that TSMC will evaluate the bidding. However, last wee, TSMC said publicly that it will not participate in the bid.
Lora Ho, CFO of TSMC, said that TSMC had evaluate the Toshiba chip unit bidding, and decided not to participate.
She said that the TSMC made this decision based on two points, first, the gap of the business model between the two industries and companies are very large; second, the benefit is not obvious if TSMC acquires Toshiba chip. Thus, TSMC decided not to join the bidding.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1TSMC to Hold Supply Chain Forum This Week to Announce 7nm Manufacturing Process Schedule
- 2ITRI Receives Eight 2017 R&D 100 Awards
- 3GUC Announces Nanjing Office Opening
- 4ASE to Enlarge High-End Packaging Plant in Kaohsiung
- 5ITRI Transfers Its "Nanoparticles Monitoring Technology" to Innovative Nanotech Inc.