TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSCM) Chairman Morris Chang announced his retireme...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – TSMC Chairman Morris Chang today announced his retirement in June 2018, and will not participate in any TSMC management activities...
Currently, Japan's Toshiba corporation is looking for buyers to sell its chip unit. A Many major global technology companies including Taiwan's Hon Hai and Broadcom, Western Digital, Micron and Microsoft are interested in the bidding. TSMC chairman Morris Chang also had said that TSMC will evaluate the bidding. However, last wee, TSMC said publicly that it will not participate in the bid.
Lora Ho, CFO of TSMC, said that TSMC had evaluate the Toshiba chip unit bidding, and decided not to participate.
She said that the TSMC made this decision based on two points, first, the gap of the business model between the two industries and companies are very large; second, the benefit is not obvious if TSMC acquires Toshiba chip. Thus, TSMC decided not to join the bidding.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Mobile DRAM Prices to Go Up by 10~15% in 4Q17, Says TrendForce
- 2Taiwan’s CPT Successful Lights QLED Display Technology
- 3NAND Flash Market to Regain Balance in 2018 with Annual Bit Supply Growing by 42.9%, TrendForce Says
- 4E-Paper Turns to Public Displays, Fashion, and Architecture Applications
- 5TrendForce Finds x86 Processors Continues to Corner Server Market This Year