HSINCHU, Taiwan – eMemory announced today that it received TSMC’s Open Innovation Platform (OIP) “IP Partner Award” of 2017...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - An installation ceremony was held yesterday for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited's (TSMC) 12-inch chip manufacturing plant in Nanjing...
Currently, Japan's Toshiba corporation is looking for buyers to sell its chip unit. A Many major global technology companies including Taiwan's Hon Hai and Broadcom, Western Digital, Micron and Microsoft are interested in the bidding. TSMC chairman Morris Chang also had said that TSMC will evaluate the bidding. However, last wee, TSMC said publicly that it will not participate in the bid.
Lora Ho, CFO of TSMC, said that TSMC had evaluate the Toshiba chip unit bidding, and decided not to participate.
She said that the TSMC made this decision based on two points, first, the gap of the business model between the two industries and companies are very large; second, the benefit is not obvious if TSMC acquires Toshiba chip. Thus, TSMC decided not to join the bidding.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Taiwan Issues Approval for First IoT Telecommunications Gateway Numbers to Far EasTone
- 2SoftBank, Sprint, Far EasTone and TBCASoft Launch Blockchain Consortium for Telecom Carriers
- 3We Can Financial Technology Showcases Its IoT Based Smart POS Solution at WCIT 2017
- 4EPD Market Expected to Grow At a Staggering CAGR of Almost 39%
- 5Sharp Releases the World's First 8K-Compatible TVs in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Europe