TAIPEI, Taiwan - TSMC today modified its annual global semiconductor output value(memory excluded) forecast, from 4% to 6%...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - TSMC yesterday announced its net revenues for April 2017, were approximately NT$56.87 billion, a decrease of 33...
Currently, Japan's Toshiba corporation is looking for buyers to sell its chip unit. A Many major global technology companies including Taiwan's Hon Hai and Broadcom, Western Digital, Micron and Microsoft are interested in the bidding. TSMC chairman Morris Chang also had said that TSMC will evaluate the bidding. However, last wee, TSMC said publicly that it will not participate in the bid.
Lora Ho, CFO of TSMC, said that TSMC had evaluate the Toshiba chip unit bidding, and decided not to participate.
She said that the TSMC made this decision based on two points, first, the gap of the business model between the two industries and companies are very large; second, the benefit is not obvious if TSMC acquires Toshiba chip. Thus, TSMC decided not to join the bidding.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Flexible AMOLED Display Manufacturing Capacity to Grow 91% CAGR Between 2016 and 2020
- 2PC DRAM Contract Price Rose by Over 10% Sequentially in Q2, TrendForce Says
- 3China's LCD Panel Manufacturers to Increase 10.5-Gen Production
- 4Broadcom Again Topped TrendForce’s Latest Revenue Ranking of Top 10 IC Design Houses
- 5Foxconn to Deploy 8K LCD Plant in Wisconsin, USA