TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) announced yesterday that semiconductor manufacturer ...
TAICHUNG, Taiwan - Winbond Electronics Corporation today announced a dramatic expansion of its flash product portfolio w...
Currently, there is a global NOR chip supply shortage, which is preventing numerous product shipments and has even affected the printed circuit board (PCB) industry.
Winbond pointed out that they currently have a monthly production capacity of 43,000 to 44,000 chips, which is expected to increase to 48,000 by the end of the year. Winbond hopes to further increase their production capacity to 52,000 to 53,000 per month next year.
Winbond Chairman and CEO Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao commented that their new production capacity is expected to increase in June with each wafer having the capacity to produce 20,000 IC.
Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao also stated that Winbond's flagship NOR Flash business accounted for 35% of the global market; furthermore, their niche DRAM business accounted for 1.3% of the global market.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Mobile DRAM Prices to Go Up by 10~15% in 4Q17, Says TrendForce
- 2Taiwan’s CPT Successful Lights QLED Display Technology
- 3E-Paper Turns to Public Displays, Fashion, and Architecture Applications
- 4NAND Flash Market to Regain Balance in 2018 with Annual Bit Supply Growing by 42.9%, TrendForce Says
- 5TrendForce Finds x86 Processors Continues to Corner Server Market This Year