Intel and Micron announced the completion of an expansion to Building 60 (B60) at the IM Flash facilities in Lehi, Utah. The expanded fab will produce 3D XPoint memory media...
Intel announced the Intel Optane SSD DC P4800X Series is now available in a new 750GB capacity in both half-height, half-length add-in card and a hot-swappable 2...
The Movidius Neural Compute Stick aims to reduce barriers to developing, tuning and deploying AI applications by delivering dedicated high-performance deep-neural network processing in a small form factor.
Intel says, they offer a comprehensive AI portfolio of tools, training and deployment options for the next generation of AI-powered products and services.
Whether it is training artificial neural networks on the Nervana cloud, optimizing for emerging workloads such as artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, and automated driving with Intel Xeon Scalable processors, or taking AI to the edge with Movidius vision processing unit (VPU) technology.
“The Myriad 2 VPU housed inside the Movidius Neural Compute Stick provides more than 100 gigaflops of performance within a 1W power envelope – to run real-time deep neural networks directly from the device,” said Remi El-Ouazzane, vice president and general manager of Movidius, an Intel company. “This enables a wide range of AI applications to be deployed offline.”
Machine intelligence development is fundamentally composed of two stages: (1) training an algorithm on large sets of sample data via modern machine learning techniques and (2) running the algorithm in an end-application that needs to interpret real-world data.
This second stage is referred to as “inference,” and performing inference at the edge – or natively inside the device – brings numerous benefits in terms of latency, power consumption and privacy:
1. Automatically convert a trained Caffe-based convolutional neural network (CNN) into an embedded neural network optimized to run on the onboard Movidius Myriad 2 VPU.
2. Layer-by-layer performance metrics for both industry-standard and custom-designed neural networks enable effective tuning for optimal real-world performance at ultra-low power. Validation scripts allow developers to compare the accuracy of the optimized model on the device to the original PC-based model.
3. Unique to Movidius Neural Compute Stick, the device can behave as a discrete neural network accelerator by adding dedicated deep learning inference capabilities to existing computing platforms for improved performance and power efficiency.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1TSMC to Hold Supply Chain Forum This Week to Announce 7nm Manufacturing Process Schedule
- 2ITRI Receives Eight 2017 R&D 100 Awards
- 3GUC Announces Nanjing Office Opening
- 4ASE to Enlarge High-End Packaging Plant in Kaohsiung
- 5ITRI Transfers Its "Nanoparticles Monitoring Technology" to Innovative Nanotech Inc.