Worldwide silicon wafer area shipments increased during the third quarter 2017 when compared to second quarter 2017 area...
North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment posted $2.29 billion in billings worldwide in June 2017 (three-month average basis)...
China is the largest consumer of semiconductors in the world, but it currently relies mainly on semiconductor imports to drive its growth. Policies and investment funds are now in place to further advance the progress of indigenous suppliers in China throughout the entire semiconductor supply chain. This shift in policy and related initiatives have created widespread interest in the challenges and opportunities in China.
With at least 15 new fab projects underway or announced in China since 2017, spending on semiconductor fab equipment is forecast to surge to more than $12 billion, annually, by 2018.
As a result, China is projected to be the top spending region of fab equipment by 2019, and is likely to approach record all-time levels for annual spending for a single region.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1TSMC, Intel, ARM, and UMC Debut at Telematics Taiwan
- 2China's GigaDevice Is Expanding NOR Flash Chip Production Capacity
- 3Intel and Micron Increase 3D XPoint Manufacturing Capacity with IM Flash Fab Expansion
- 4HERE and Mitsubishi Electric Team up to Offer Advanced Location Services for Autonomous Cars
- 5Taiwan's NAR Labs and Synopsys Sign LOI for AI Technology Cooperation