Micron Technology today announced it has entered into a memorandum of understanding to grant Nanya Technology, a Taiwanese DRAM provider...
TAIPEI, Taiwan － According to a report in Taiwan’s Economic Daily News, Inotera Memory and Nanya Technology Corporat...
After spending nearly a year on R&D, Nanya Technology Corporation have completed their first 8GB 4 DRAM product, and having obtained major PC manufacturing certification, they will begin shipments this month. Currently, this makes them, along with Samsung, SK hynix, and Micron, one of the few companies with the capacity to manufacture DDR4 DRAM using a 20nm process.
Nanya stated that through the use of stacked packaging technology, the 8GB DDR 4 DRAM memory modules can be increased to capacities of 16GB and 32GB in order to satisfy the requirements of personal computer and server markets. Hence this is a major breakthrough in the development of Taiwanese DRAM.
Nevertheless, Nanya also explained that in addition to the server market, in the future they will focus their attention on markets for more AI product applications, high-resolution smart TVs, and set-top boxes and that they will not directly compete with Samsung, SK hynix, and Micron.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1The Top 10 Key ICT Trends to Observe in 2018
- 2China’s JHICC, Innotron Memory and Tsinghua Unigroup Emerge As Major Domestic Suppliers
- 3China’s Production Capacity of 300mm Wafer Will Approach 700,000 Pc/Month, Says TrendForce
- 4Macronix to Increase Its Advanced Process Manufacturing Capacity Next Year
- 5Broadcom Announces Industry’s First Silicon-Proven 7nm IP for ASICs in Deep Learning and Networking