TAICHUNG CITY, Taiwan –Winbond Electronics Corporation, a leading global supplier of semiconductor memory solutions, t...
TAICHUNG CITY, Taiwan - Winbond Electronics Corporation, a leading global supplier of semiconductor memory solutions, to...
Winbond President Tung-Yi, Chan stated that last year niche DRAM accounted for roughly 40% of their annual revenue; however, yearly revenue fell by approximately 8%. Mobile memory, on the other hand, grew by 5% and accounted for approximately 5% of Winbond's total revenue. Meanwhile, demand for NAND Flash grew significantly with yearly revenue increasing by 46% in 2017, and it accounted for 47% of the company's overall revenue.
Tung-Yi, Chan also pointed out that the situations in the DRAM and Flash markets currently continue to experience stability and they anticipate that in 2018 the market conditions for these two major memory products will remain healthy. As a result, demand remains high for Winbond's niche DRAM, NOR Flash, and SLC NAND.
In addition, Winbond also commented that in order to alleviate the current production capacity shortage problem, they will increase their capital expenditure to 18.5 billion yuan. This will increase the overall production capacity from an overall monthly capacity of 46,000 chips to an estimated 52,000 chips.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1GreyOrange to Launch New Products at LogiMAT 2019 for Flexible Automation in Distribution Centres
- 2Razer Announces Its New Southeast Asia Headquarters in One-North Singapore
- 3The MoST Leading 44 Tech Startups to CES2019, 8 won Innovation Awards
- 4Keysight, OPPO Collaborate to Accelerate 5G Mobile Device Development and Commercialization
- 5TSMC 3-nm Fab Environmental Assessment Approved, to Commence in 2020