NEC today announced its contributions to field trials in remote medical examinations using 5G. NEC provided a base stati...
NEC Corporation today announced the successful transmission of digital beamforming with a massive-element active antenna...
KT is currently providing the world's first 5G trial services in PyeongChang. Inside the "5G Connected Bus," a 5G-connected promotional vehicle operated by KT, NEC conducted demonstrations in which the identity of the driver was verified before the bus started moving through the use of a hearable device (wireless earphone) equipped with otoacoustic authentication technology that utilizes the resonation of sound in ear cavities to identify individuals.
The 5G Connected Bus also demonstrated identity verification at the time of boarding that used NeoFace*, NEC's AI engine for face recognition featuring the world's highest recognition precision.
"NEC will continue leveraging its strengths in AI, biometrics, network, and other technologies as we collaborate with KT on the development, testing, and demonstration of technologies and services for the commercialization of 5G," said Tomonori Kumagai, General Manager, Business Development Division, NEC Corporation.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1The Three Major Chinese Memory Companies Arrange Trial Production to Begin in 2H18
- 2AMOLED Panel Demand in Smartphone Market Expected to Grow Much Slower Than Expected, IHS Markit Says
- 3Increased Supply of IT Panels in 2018 May Pose a Risk of Oversupply
- 4Taiwan Establishes National Quantum Computer Research Project
- 5Shift to 5G will Not Happen in 2018, Says GlobalData