At the IEEE IITC conference, imec and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL) presented a direct Cu etch scheme for patterning Cu interconnects...
Since the 1990s, Applied Materials has been the market leader in the semiconductor equipment space. Previously, Japan’s Tokyo Electron was the market leader going back to 1989.
Chart 1 shows that Applied Materials share of the top eight equipment companies has dropped from 27.2% in Q1-Q3 2017 to 23.8% in Q1-Q3 2018. During the same period, Tokyo Electron’s share increased from 20.2% to 21.8%. Thus, Applied Materials’ lead over Tokyo Electron decreased from 6.0% to just 2.0%.
Data are for semiconductor equipment only and do not include service or spare parts. Foreign currencies were converted to US dollars using exchange rates on a quarterly basis.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Chunghwa Telecom MOD Partners with Netflix to Accelerate Growth of Taiwanese Entertainment
- 2Phytrex Exclusively Owned the Technologies of Systems Integration and Apple Homekit System
- 3NARLabs Taiwan Semiconductor Research Institute Officially Open
- 4Revenue Growth in China's Semiconductor Industry Would Slow Down to 16.2% in 2019 due to Pessimistic
- 5Offshore Wind Power Purchasing Rates Set this Week