At the IEEE IITC conference, imec and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL) presented a direct Cu etch scheme for patterning Cu interconnects...
Since the 1990s, Applied Materials has been the market leader in the semiconductor equipment space. Previously, Japan’s Tokyo Electron was the market leader going back to 1989.
Chart 1 shows that Applied Materials share of the top eight equipment companies has dropped from 27.2% in Q1-Q3 2017 to 23.8% in Q1-Q3 2018. During the same period, Tokyo Electron’s share increased from 20.2% to 21.8%. Thus, Applied Materials’ lead over Tokyo Electron decreased from 6.0% to just 2.0%.
Data are for semiconductor equipment only and do not include service or spare parts. Foreign currencies were converted to US dollars using exchange rates on a quarterly basis.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Gartner Identifies Top 10 Strategic IoT Technologies and Trends, AI Ranks NO.1
- 2Tokyo Electron Closing in on Applied Materials as Semiconductor Equipment Leader
- 3Imec Demonstrates First Bluetooth Low Energy Secure Passive Keyless Entry Solution for Automotive
- 4Keysight, China Telecom Collaborate to Accelerate Commercial Deployment of 5G Technology
- 5Mitsubishi, the University of Tokyo Reveal New Mechanism for Enhancing Reliability of SiC Power ICs