As expected, most IC suppliers experienced weaker demand and generally poor sales results in the first half of this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and strained U...
HSINCHU, Taiwan - TSMC is showcasing the latest developments in its advanced logic technology, specialty technologies, 3DIC system integration solutions...
Year-over-year, fourth quarter revenue increased 9.5% while net income and diluted EPS both increased 16.1%. Compared to third quarter 2019, fourth quarter results represented an 8.3% increase in revenue and a 14.8% increase in net income. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.
In US dollars, fourth quarter revenue was $10.39 billion, which increased 10.6% year-over-year and increased 10.6% from the previous quarter.
Gross margin for the quarter was 50.2%, operating margin was 39.2%, and net profit margin was 36.6%.
In the fourth quarter, shipments of 7-nanometer accounted for 35% of total wafer revenue and 10-nanometer process technology contributed 1% while 16-nanometer accounted for 20%. Advanced technologies, defined as 16-nanometer and more advanced technologies, accounted for 56% of total wafer revenue.
“Our fourth quarter business benefited from strong demand for high-end smartphones, initial 5G deployment and high performance computing related applications using TSMC’s industry-leading 7-nanometer technology,” said Wendell Huang, VP and Chief Financial Officer of TSMC. “Moving into first quarter 2020, despite mobile product seasonality, we anticipate our business to be supported by the continued ramp of 5G smartphones. Based on our current business outlook, management expects the overall performance for first quarter 2020 to be as follows”:
• Revenue is expected to be between US$10.2 billion and US$10.3 billion;
And, based on the exchange rate assumption of 1 US dollar to 29.9 NT dollars,
• Gross profit margin is expected to be between 48.5% and 50.5%;
• Operating profit margin is expected to be between 37.5% and 39.5%.
The management further expects the 2020 capital budget to be between US$15 billion and US$16 billion.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1DDR5 Era to Officially Begin in 2021, Says TrendForce
- 2Digi-Key Releases 1.5 Million SnapEDA CAD Models Including Symbols, Footprints, and 3D Models
- 3AUO Partners with NHRI to Release an Innovative Smart System for Comprehensive Senior Healthcare
- 4Baytec SPR Strengthen the First Eco-bridge in SEA
- 5LTPS Smartphone Panels in 2021 Likely to Be Constrained