TAIPEI, Taiwan － Taiwanese industrial computer manufacturer ennoconn announced that they will purchase 49% equity in KCI...
Kontron launched TRACe, its new family of operational computers designed specifically for the transportation market. The TRACe transportation computer family delivers proven...
“The extremely compact KBox A-201mini Box-PCs based on the Intel Atom processor E3800 represent our first system design from our comprehensive roadmap for IoT-enabled devices that support Intel Gateway Solutions for the Internet of Things. Together with their extensive interface support towards the field, as well as Kontron’s standardized embedded application programming interface, engineers can gain really fast and sophisticated entry into the world of IoT connectivity,” explains Jens Wiegand, CTO at Kontron.
“Our roadmap also specifies several other fast deployable platforms with Intel Gateway Solutions for the Internet of Things including an Intel Quark SoC-based design for very energy-efficient IoT appliances based on pure x86 technology.”
“The Intel Gateway Solutions for the Internet of Things, which include the Wind River Intelligent Device Platform XT 2.0 and the McAfee Embedded Control 6.1, enable the development of intelligent gateways, such as the new mini Box-PC from Kontron. These intelligent gateways are critical to extending systems to connect them to next-generation intelligent infrastructures. This technology equips engineers to fully exploit business opportunities enabled by the Internet of Things — and the valuable data it generates,” adds Adam Burns, Director of the IoT Solutions Group at Intel.
The new Kontron KBox A-201 mini Box-PCs come in a modular design based on the SMARC form factor standard and feature the Intel Atom processor E3800 product family and up to 8 gigabytes of ECC memory. For local data acquisition, the new mini Box-PCs offer a broad range of industrial interfaces such as 2x Gbit Ethernet, 2x USB 2.0, as well as an optional CAN bus and/or Profibus interface, whereas legacy installations benefit from two serial interfaces (RS232/485).
For wireless connection to the cloud or the local network, the Kontron K-Box A-201 mini can be equipped with LTE (4G) and GSM (2G/3G) or WiFi. Three external antenna connectors enable high signal quality. The integrated SSD with up to 64 gigabytes capacity offers rugged as well as fast storage capacity for OS and data. An integrated TPM for increased data security rounds off the feature set. All these features come in a maintenance-free design in Kontron ‘wartungsfrei’ quality and an extremely compact footprint of only 56,8 mm x 150 mm x 95 mm (H x W x D).
- 1Tiny MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics Enhances Measurement Accuracy
- 2HOLTEK New HT32F0006 Arm Cortex-M0+ Core 32-bit Voice/Music Synthesis Dedicated MCU
- 3Smallest Data Converters Deliver High Integration and Performance
- 4HOLTEK New BA45F5542/BA45F5542-2 Smoke Detector MCU with Power Line Transceiver
- 5STMicroelectronics Adds 6-Axis Inertial Module to Ultra-Low-Power MEMS Sensors
- 6HOLTEK New BH67F2132 1.1V R to F MCU
- 7Portwell Releases an Ultra Compact Embedded System Powered by Intel Atom N Series
- 8Toshiba Announces 16TB MG08 Series Hard Disk Drives
- 9ASIX Single Chip USB KVM Switch Solutions
- 10Toshiba Memory Unveils 1TB Single Package PCIe Gen3 x4L SSDs with 96-Layer 3D Flash Memory