HGST announced the first enterprise-class 10TB (terabyte) hard disk drive (HDD) for next-generation active archive applications...
HGST announced its next-generation of Ultrastar 12Gb/s SAS solid-state drives (SSDs) with capacities up to 1.6TB. Buildi...
With strong market acceptance from the largest cloud service providers, Internet giants, OEMs and businesses around the world, including Netflix, Huawei, Inspur, HP, OVH, Starline, Buffalo, DataON, DDN and Racktop to name a few, the HGST HelioSeal Platform represents proven innovation in high-capacity HDD technology and reliability, while lowering true total cost of ownership (TCO).
While there are a number of ways to increase hard drive capacity, HGST’s HelioSeal platform is the only technology to provide unmatched reliability and a long-term path for delivering higher capacity storage on a standard 3.5-inch HDD form factor, while lowering power and drive temperature at the same time. All this equates to best storage density, TB-per-system weight, TB/Sq. foot and lowest watt/TB for enterprise and cloud data centers.
Both the Ultrastar He8 and the Ultrastar He6 families now feature an unprecedented reliability rating of 2.5M hours MTBF. Due to its patented manufacturing process and the inherent benefits of Helium, HGST’s HelioSeal drives are field proven and have a more robust design margin than traditional air based drives.
The HGST Helium drives are hermetically-sealed, which keep air, humidity and other contaminates out of the drive, allowing them to be used in harsh or ambient environments. The Helium inside the drives also reduces disk vibration and flutter, adding to even greater reliability.
“Based on the patented HelioSeal technology, HGST’s Ultrastar Helium-filled drives are the only drives that improve data center TCO on virtually every level—from storage density, power and cooling costs, to reliability, capacity and more. We also believe it is the only way to get to higher densities therefore higher capacities while maintaining reliability. All of these factors contribute to defining the true TCO of the data center,” said Brendan Collins, vice president of product marketing, HGST.
“With more than one million drives deployed, the rapid industry adoption of this revolutionary technology affirms our commitment to Helium as the foundation for all future scaling technologies. With a valued-based pricing strategy in place and manufacturing investments to promote the increased volumes, HGST is on an accelerated path to delivering higher capacities and better TCO into existing and future form factor designs.”
－ Greater power efficiency
－ Leading storage density
－ Lower cooling requirements
－ Better weight-per-TB
－ Environmental robustness
－ Value $/TB
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 3Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 4STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 5u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 6PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 7HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 8ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device
- 9HOLTEK New BA45F6720/6740/6746 CO/GAS Detector MCUs
- 10u-blox Announces High Performance NORA-B1 Bluetooth Module for Advanced Applications