Plessey Semiconductor today announces its commitment to being the first to market with a monolithic microLED based display based on GaN-on-Silicon...
Plessey announced that it will be releasing its LED beam control module, which they are branding Stellar at the Light an...
Plessey's VP of Sales, Giuliano Cassataro, said, "We continue to win designs in the growing market for wearables and are now producing millions of LEDs every month. Our dotLED product range addresses the optical, mechanical and cost requirements for the typical wearable applications. These include wristbands trackers for health and fitness as well as many other applications for dot matrix displays."
The white dotLED is available in a 1005 SMT package (1.0mm x 0.5mm), which is a standard electronic component size easily handled by standard surface-mount machines used in high volume, consumer electronics manufacturing. Delivering up to 1.0Lm of white light with a 130 degree viewing angle from a 5mA drive current, the PLW13D003 meets the demand for ever smaller displays. A blue version, the PLB13D003 is also available in a variety of wavelengths from 460nm to 480nm.
Dr. Keith Strickland, Plessey's CTO, said, "The increasing popularity of our dotLEDs has led us to develop our first chip scale package (CSP) solution around the fit and performance of this product range. Samples for this even smaller form factor will be available September this year in a selection of temperatures and colours."
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 4Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 5Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 6BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 7UP Board Deployed: Pandemic Prevention with Telepresence Robots
- 8ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 9STMicroelectronics Launches Smart Gateway Platform for Automotive Gateway and Domain Controller
- 10Toshiba’s 80V N-channel Power MOSFETs Fabricated with Latest Generation Process