Plessey Semiconductor today announces its commitment to being the first to market with a monolithic microLED based display based on GaN-on-Silicon...
Plessey announced that it will be releasing its LED beam control module, which they are branding Stellar at the Light an...
The traditional tungsten incandescent light bulb has been phased out in favour of LED technology providing the most reliable and efficient lighting solutions. Plessey's Chip-On-Board LED filaments create the same amount of light, while consuming less energy and offering longer life and utilise its patented MaGIC GaN-on-Silicon technology.
The LED filaments are designed with unique terminations so that they can be handled and spot welded by existing high volume fully automated glass lamp manufacturing lines. In addition to that, Plessey has incorporated a bespoke approach to controlling the current and Vf of the filaments when the filaments are driven in a bridge configuration.
Plessey's CTO, Dr. Keith Strickland, said, "We have taken our existing Chip-Scale-Packaging technology, also used for our dotLEDs, into a revised format for the filament. Not only do we have an improvement in terms of manufacturability with GaN-on-Silicon and enhanced the power control for filament resistors, but Plessey will also be incorporating other active and passive electronic components for Chip-On-Board and Chip-Scale-Packaging solutions in next generation of filaments. Thermal performance and customisation are key to our filament product portfolio, and Plessey remains committed to bring to market unique LED products through our integrated approach to solid state lighting applications."
Plessey's PLF series of filaments come in a variety of lengths, light output and colour temperatures (CCT) from very warm 2200K to 6500K
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3unitech Introduces Its Rugged Smartphone for Retail Solutions – EA500Plus
- 4STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 5Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 6ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 7BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 8Avalue Introduces EMX-WHLGP Onboard Processor Thin MINI ITX Motherboard
- 9Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 10Samsung Introduces Industry’s First All-in-One Power ICs Optimized for Wireless Earbuds