Nordic Semiconductor today announces that Taiwan-based MtM Technology Corporation has selected Nordic’s nRF52832 Bluet...
Nordic Semiconductor today announces the launch of its Bluetooth 5 ready nRF52840 SoC with features and capabilities tha...
The mass production version of the nRF52832 is certified to the latest Bluetooth v4.2 version of the Bluetooth specification and the Bluetooth software stack includes a new ‘LE secure connection’ capability that supports encrypted wireless communications. Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) security has also been further enhanced.
In addition, there is a new flexible RAM scheme that allows developers to optimize how much memory is used by the software stack for any given configuration, and also concurrent multi Master-Slave network support. The latter feature allows, for example, a device such as smartwatch to act as both a hub to other wireless sensors and as a wireless peripheral to a smartphone at the same time.
The nRF52832 features a category-first 64MHz ARM Cortex-M4F processor, a best-in-class ultra high performance, low power 2.4GHz multi-protocol radio, and fully automatic power optimization. Achieving a EEMBC 215 CoreMark the nRF52832 delivers up to 60% more generic processing power than competing solutions and thanks to its ARM Cortex-M4F up to an additional 10X the Floating Point and 2X the DSP performance. And at 58 CoreMark/mA the nRF52832 is up to 2X as power efficient as competing solutions as well.
The nRF52832 also includes a full range of on-chip analog and digital peripherals for glueless interfacing to external components such as sensors, displays, touch controllers, LEDs, keypads, motors, digital microphones, and audio Codecs.
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 6HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 7Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 8Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 9Renesas Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs With Advanced Security for Intelligent IoT
- 10HOLTEK New BS67F350C Enhanced Touch A/D LCD MCU with High Noise Immunity