Nordic Semiconductor today announces that Taiwan-based MtM Technology Corporation has selected Nordic’s nRF52832 Bluet...
Nordic Semiconductor today announces the launch of its Bluetooth 5 ready nRF52840 SoC with features and capabilities tha...
The mass production version of the nRF52832 is certified to the latest Bluetooth v4.2 version of the Bluetooth specification and the Bluetooth software stack includes a new ‘LE secure connection’ capability that supports encrypted wireless communications. Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) security has also been further enhanced.
In addition, there is a new flexible RAM scheme that allows developers to optimize how much memory is used by the software stack for any given configuration, and also concurrent multi Master-Slave network support. The latter feature allows, for example, a device such as smartwatch to act as both a hub to other wireless sensors and as a wireless peripheral to a smartphone at the same time.
The nRF52832 features a category-first 64MHz ARM Cortex-M4F processor, a best-in-class ultra high performance, low power 2.4GHz multi-protocol radio, and fully automatic power optimization. Achieving a EEMBC 215 CoreMark the nRF52832 delivers up to 60% more generic processing power than competing solutions and thanks to its ARM Cortex-M4F up to an additional 10X the Floating Point and 2X the DSP performance. And at 58 CoreMark/mA the nRF52832 is up to 2X as power efficient as competing solutions as well.
The nRF52832 also includes a full range of on-chip analog and digital peripherals for glueless interfacing to external components such as sensors, displays, touch controllers, LEDs, keypads, motors, digital microphones, and audio Codecs.
- 1Renesas Introduces DDR5 Data Buffer for High-Performance Server and Cloud Service Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches Photorelays in New Package for High-density Mounting
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F4560 MCU with 4-level Adjustable Bandwidth OPA
- 4COM Express Module Supports PCIe Gen4 and AI Optimization
- 5Avalue Bringing 3.5-inch Embedded SBCs, ECM-APL, ECM-APL2-A & ECM-APL2-B
- 6ST Eases Design of Advanced Energy-Saving Power Supplies with Eco-Certified 400W Evaluation Board
- 7STMicroelectronics Reveals Fast-Starting Intelligent Power Switches for Demanding Safety Application
- 8BOXER-6842: Powering the Next Generation of Edge AI