Infineon Technologies has started a collaboration with. Next-generation AURIX microcontrollers from Infineon will integr...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Infineon Technologies will be showcasing its wide range of semiconductor technologies and solutions und...
The Boosted NFC security module series manufactured by MPS has now been awarded the Mobile Finance Secure Element Certificate by the China Financial Authentication body of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC). The certificate is a key enabler in the move to address the fast-growing mobile payment market in China.
With the Boosted NFC security module, hardware integration is made as easy as possible. At the core of the module is Infineon’s Boosted NFC Secure Element. It eliminates the need for a separate NFC controller which is typically required with conventional solutions to utilize card emulation functionality in a device.
Thanks to the booster technology, the NFC antenna and antenna matching components are included into the package. This significantly reduces PCB footprint by more than 75 percent – when using the smallest module of the series to only to 4mm x 4mm. Apart from that, software development efforts for the NFC system integration can be cut down.
Running on a standard Java security card operating system, the Boosted NFC security module furthermore allows flexible loading of multiple Java-based applications (applets) on smart devices.
The Boosted NFC security module is ideal for new product designs but can also be easily integrated into existing designs to extend functionality to include secure payment. Key element of the NFC security module is Infineon’s flagship SLE78 security chip which combines highest security performance with a storage capacity of more than 1 MB.
This provides sufficient memory to securely store user credentials and run multiple applications, enabling a single device to replace a variety of cards such as payment cards, public transport tickets and online payment tokens.
Infineon joined forces with MPS, a Beijing-based secure mobile payment expert specialized in ultra-small antenna-in-package designs to deliver this product. The companies developed the NFC security module series based on Infineon’s unique Boosted NFC Secure Element.
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 6HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 7Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 8Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 9Renesas Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs With Advanced Security for Intelligent IoT
- 10HOLTEK New BS67F350C Enhanced Touch A/D LCD MCU with High Noise Immunity