Renesas Electronics today unveiled the Renesas Advanced (RA) Family of 32-bit Arm Cortex-M microcontrollers (MCUs). RA M...
Renesas Electronics announced the automotive industry’s first full HD 1080p LCD video controller to include a 4-lane MIPI-CSI2 input...
The new high-efficiency power supply IC allows system manufacturers to quickly and easily implement safe and reliable power supply equipment that is based on the USB PD 2.0 and 3.0 specifications.
The USB PD specification makes it possible to provide DC power over a USB cable to equipment, such as notebook personal computers and digital single-lens reflex cameras that previously could not be powered over a USB cable.
In particular, in addition to the maximum 7.5 W (5 V at 1.5 A) of the earlier USB standards, this new standard adds Power Rules based on 15 W (5 V at 3 A), 27 W (9 V at 3 A), 45 W (15 V at 3 A), 60 W (20 V at 3 A), and 100 W (20 V at 5 A) capacities. As a result, power supply designers are faced with challenges supporting multiple voltage levels of the USB PD standards, output voltage switching, and handling large currents up to 3 A. Also, as the concerns for hazards (e.g., overheating on non-compliant cables) associated with larger currents increases, new designs for USB PD power supply will need to provide a higher level of safety and reliability.
Given these conditions, Renesas moved up its development of technology for “Simple DC/DC” called for by users of Renesas microcontroller (MCU) and system-on-chip (SoC) devices, and developed power supply ICs centered around DC/DC converters that can achieve an efficiency rate of up to 95 percent leading to less power loss, as devices that can resolve the issues in the construction of power supply equipment that supports the USB PD 2.0 and 3.0 standards.
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 6HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 7Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 8Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 9Renesas Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs With Advanced Security for Intelligent IoT
- 10HOLTEK New BS67F350C Enhanced Touch A/D LCD MCU with High Noise Immunity