Renesas Electronics Corporation introduced the industry’s first USB-C buck-boost battery charger to support both Narro...
Renesas Electronics announced two new PMBus compliant, fully digital DC/DC controllers that provide single output point-of-load (POL) conversions for FPGAs...
The new high-efficiency power supply IC allows system manufacturers to quickly and easily implement safe and reliable power supply equipment that is based on the USB PD 2.0 and 3.0 specifications.
The USB PD specification makes it possible to provide DC power over a USB cable to equipment, such as notebook personal computers and digital single-lens reflex cameras that previously could not be powered over a USB cable.
In particular, in addition to the maximum 7.5 W (5 V at 1.5 A) of the earlier USB standards, this new standard adds Power Rules based on 15 W (5 V at 3 A), 27 W (9 V at 3 A), 45 W (15 V at 3 A), 60 W (20 V at 3 A), and 100 W (20 V at 5 A) capacities. As a result, power supply designers are faced with challenges supporting multiple voltage levels of the USB PD standards, output voltage switching, and handling large currents up to 3 A. Also, as the concerns for hazards (e.g., overheating on non-compliant cables) associated with larger currents increases, new designs for USB PD power supply will need to provide a higher level of safety and reliability.
Given these conditions, Renesas moved up its development of technology for “Simple DC/DC” called for by users of Renesas microcontroller (MCU) and system-on-chip (SoC) devices, and developed power supply ICs centered around DC/DC converters that can achieve an efficiency rate of up to 95 percent leading to less power loss, as devices that can resolve the issues in the construction of power supply equipment that supports the USB PD 2.0 and 3.0 standards.
- 1HOLTEK New BH66F2632 AC Body Fat Scale MCU
- 2The Compact BOXER-6405U: The Gateway to Industry 4.0
- 3The Semi-Rugged RTC-1010M: Do More with the Tablet Built for Work
- 4HOLTEK New HT66FW2350 Wireless Charger Transmitter MCU
- 5HOLTEK New BS45F3235 Proximity Sensing MCU
- 6HOLTEK New BH67F5270 24-bit Delta Sigma A/D MCU
- 7Nuvoton Rolls Out Brand New M031/32 MCUs Series
- 8Avalue Introduces SLP-SKG, an Expandable Fanless slot PC
- 9HOLTEK New BH67F2752 Infrared Thermometer MCU