AAEON announces the launch of the PICO-KBU4, a rugged and expandable compact SBC with the capacity to revolutionize the ...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – AAEON Technology has agreed to a stock exchange with IBASE Technology Inc.. AAEON’s board of directors met on June 11 to agree the measure...
Built as in-vehicle network video recorders, both devices can essentially double up as fully fledged embedded PCs due to their versatility. First of all, the pair maintains the E13 certification for intended deployment in motor vehicles. Power Ignition Control is also incorporated as a form of protection against the power condition of vehicles, activating/ deactivating the device only after a preset time when the power supply is stable.
Considering the general condition the devices may be subjected to as the vehicle travels, the pair’s operating temperature is supported from -20°C to 70°C, tested with the MIL-STD-810G standard, and designed to support a range of voltages (9 – 36 V for VPC-3300S, 10 – 35 V for VPC-5500S) to ensure utmost viability for vehicular use. In addition, the pair adopts a fanless thermal solution that is less prone to breakdowns than its fanned counterpart.
The two devices are primarily differentiated by the processor powering them: The VPC-3300S uses an Intel Celeron J1900 that drives the device’s 8 GB memory support, PoE, built-in satellite navigation (GPS/BDS/GLONASS), DI/Os, VGA and HDMI, LAN ports and CAN Buses, while higher tier VPC-5500S sports an Intel® Core™ i7-4700EQ that, in addition to the abovementioned features, enhance memory support to 16 GB and adds DisplayPort as an extra display option.
“The Duo is created for the IoT era” said Jill Wang, Product Manager of AAEON’s Network Security Division “With both economical and performance-oriented options to choose from, transport operators can take advantage of IoT and turn their fleet into mobile infotainment platforms”.
- 1Seoul Semiconductor Announces the Availability of a Series of AC LED Modules
- 2Avalue Launched the SPC Series, Stainless Steel and Anti-Dirt Tablet PC
- 3Toshiba's Arm Cortex-M Core-Based MCUs Support Mbed OS
- 4Vishay Intertechnology High Speed PIN Photodiode Offers Enhanced Sensitivity
- 5Three New Class-D Amplifiers Solve Smart-Home Audio Design Challenges
- 6AAEON AIOT-MSSP01 Bring Industrial-Grade Reliability to Vending Machines
- 7Samsung Introduces Its 10nm-Class 32GB DDR4 SoDIMMs
- 8EEC Expands Power Source Lines with Feature-Rich 6300 and 6500 Series
- 9Toshiba Releases Interface Bridge Devices for Automotive Infotainment Applications
- 10Increase System Performance in Closed-loop Control Applications with New PIC and AVR MCUs