TAINAN City, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi) announces a major advancement in product reliability and manufacturing capacity...
Pervasive Displays (PDi) announced the launch of a new high resolution three color 12-inch Electronic Paper Display (EPD) module featuring an internal timing controller (iTC)...
The kit, which is open-sourced and based around the Teensy LC microcontroller board, was created by SonikTech and is a great starting point for makers trying out an inexpensive, low power e-paper display in their design.
E-paper displays do not require a power source to maintain an image and give crisp, detailed text and images. Displays are fully readable in sunlight with no backlighting needed.
Three types of kit are available, each containing an adapter board designed with the popular, easy-to-use Teensy LC microcontroller in mind. The adapter board is also compatible with any other microcontroller which uses the common SPI protocol to connect with the Pervasive Displays’ E2215CS062 e-paper screen.
E-paper works best at room temperature and a digital thermometer is included on the adapter board to communicate with the microcontroller via an I2C interface.
Jarek Lupinski, SonikTech, said: “I want to make e-paper accessible to everyone and keep all code as open-source. Each pledge made to our Crowd Supply website earns a kit containing all the parts you need to get started using e-paper for your prototypes, designs, and installations. The project is running until the end of November so makers still have the chance to get their hands on one.”
Scott Soong, CEO, Pervasive Displays, commented: “Every time we get engaged with a maker, it’s an opportunity to further our cause which is to help people use e-paper in their applications. The e-paper shield kit is an excellent starting point for people wanting to explore using an e-paper display in their applications. We’re delighted to have been able to help with the reference design for this project.”
- 1BOXER-8222AI: The Power of AI at the Edge
- 2Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 4Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 5Toshiba Launches Ultra-Low Current Consumption CMOS Operational Amplifier
- 6HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 7ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device
- 8STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 9STMicroelectronics Accelerates Space Applications with 150MHz+ High-Speed Rad-Hard Logic
- 10u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production