TAINAN City, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi) announces a major advancement in product reliability and manufacturing capacity...
Pervasive Displays (PDi) announced the launch of a new high resolution three color 12-inch Electronic Paper Display (EPD) module featuring an internal timing controller (iTC)...
The kit, which is open-sourced and based around the Teensy LC microcontroller board, was created by SonikTech and is a great starting point for makers trying out an inexpensive, low power e-paper display in their design.
E-paper displays do not require a power source to maintain an image and give crisp, detailed text and images. Displays are fully readable in sunlight with no backlighting needed.
Three types of kit are available, each containing an adapter board designed with the popular, easy-to-use Teensy LC microcontroller in mind. The adapter board is also compatible with any other microcontroller which uses the common SPI protocol to connect with the Pervasive Displays’ E2215CS062 e-paper screen.
E-paper works best at room temperature and a digital thermometer is included on the adapter board to communicate with the microcontroller via an I2C interface.
Jarek Lupinski, SonikTech, said: “I want to make e-paper accessible to everyone and keep all code as open-source. Each pledge made to our Crowd Supply website earns a kit containing all the parts you need to get started using e-paper for your prototypes, designs, and installations. The project is running until the end of November so makers still have the chance to get their hands on one.”
Scott Soong, CEO, Pervasive Displays, commented: “Every time we get engaged with a maker, it’s an opportunity to further our cause which is to help people use e-paper in their applications. The e-paper shield kit is an excellent starting point for people wanting to explore using an e-paper display in their applications. We’re delighted to have been able to help with the reference design for this project.”
- 1STMicroelectronics Launches Web-based Ecosystem to Help Digital-power Solutions
- 2HOLTEK New HT32F50343 32-bit 5V USB MCU for RGB LED Strip Control Applications
- 3Renesas Unveils Industry’s Highest Accuracy Optically Isolated Delta-Sigma Modulator
- 4BOXER-8251AI: More Power, Greater Flexibility for AI at the Edge
- 5KEMET Introduces Three New Series of Film Capacitors
- 6HOLTEK New BM32S2021-1 Proximity Sensing Module
- 7Avalue Embedded E-paper Information Display Solution EPD-3133
- 8BlueNRG-2 Development Kit from STMicroelectronics Unleashes Bluetooth 5.0 Performance and Efficiency
- 9Cincoze GM-1000 Embedded GPU Computer Empowers Superior Performance for Machine Vision Applications