Pervasive Displays (PDi) announced the launch of a new high resolution three color 12-inch Electronic Paper Display (EPD) module featuring an internal timing controller (iTC)...
TAINAN CITY, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi), a world leader in e paper displays, announces that its low power e-pap...
The kit, which is open-sourced and based around the Teensy LC microcontroller board, was created by SonikTech and is a great starting point for makers trying out an inexpensive, low power e-paper display in their design.
E-paper displays do not require a power source to maintain an image and give crisp, detailed text and images. Displays are fully readable in sunlight with no backlighting needed.
Three types of kit are available, each containing an adapter board designed with the popular, easy-to-use Teensy LC microcontroller in mind. The adapter board is also compatible with any other microcontroller which uses the common SPI protocol to connect with the Pervasive Displays’ E2215CS062 e-paper screen.
E-paper works best at room temperature and a digital thermometer is included on the adapter board to communicate with the microcontroller via an I2C interface.
Jarek Lupinski, SonikTech, said: “I want to make e-paper accessible to everyone and keep all code as open-source. Each pledge made to our Crowd Supply website earns a kit containing all the parts you need to get started using e-paper for your prototypes, designs, and installations. The project is running until the end of November so makers still have the chance to get their hands on one.”
Scott Soong, CEO, Pervasive Displays, commented: “Every time we get engaged with a maker, it’s an opportunity to further our cause which is to help people use e-paper in their applications. The e-paper shield kit is an excellent starting point for people wanting to explore using an e-paper display in their applications. We’re delighted to have been able to help with the reference design for this project.”
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3unitech Introduces Its Rugged Smartphone for Retail Solutions – EA500Plus
- 4STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 5Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 6ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 7BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 8Avalue Introduces EMX-WHLGP Onboard Processor Thin MINI ITX Motherboard
- 9Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 10Samsung Introduces Industry’s First All-in-One Power ICs Optimized for Wireless Earbuds