Toshiba Memory Corporation and Western Digital Corporation today celebrated the opening of a new state-of-the-art semiconductor fabrication facility...
Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation (TISS), has announced that its battery system using the SCiB lith...
The continuing progress of digitization, most recently the quickening expansion of IoT and the increasing reliance on cloud services means that more information is being generated and stored than ever before, and that the rate of its creation only continues to increase. The data centers and cloud-based services that use this data constantly require higher-capacity, higher-performance HDDs.
Toshiba’s MG06 series HDDs meet industry requirements by deploying an improved magnetic recording head and disk magnetic layer, and now deliver up to 10TB of capacity with air-based HDDs, a 25% increase over the maximum capacity of the earlier MG05 series. The HDDs achieve a sustained transfer rate of 237 MiB/s, and a 25% improvement in operating life that boosts MTTF to 2,500,000 hours. These improvements in capacity, speed and reliability can contribute to the lower system TCO (total cost of ownership).
The new HDDs support both industry-standard 512emulation (512e) and 4K native (4Kn) advanced format sector technologies, for use in legacy applications requiring 512 sector lengths using aligned-write environments, and are also suitable for the latest generation of servers and storage systems.
- 1Toshiba Announces New SAS HDD Models with Capacity of 14GB
- 2Display Box Kit Adds Modular Functionality to AAEON Panel PC Series
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F0074 Half-bridge Induction Cooker MCU
- 4HOLTEK New TinyPower 5V/250mA HT73Lxx Series Ultra Low Quiescent Current High PSRR LDO
- 5Avalue Centimeter- level Indoor Real-time Location Solution
- 6Avalue Release the Latest 3.5-inch Signal Board Computer, ECM-CFS
- 7Cincoze Launches P1100 Series Slim Embedded Computer with CDS Technology
- 8HOLTEK New BH66F5250 & BH67F5250/60 24-bit A/D MCUs
- 9BIOSTAR Introduces H310MHC2 and H310MHD PRO2 for Improved Gaming and VR Performance
- 10The NANO-002: Industrial Power in the Palm of Your Hand