Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTM8063, a 40VIN, 2A µModule step-down regulator in a tiny 6...
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTC4418, a dual input power prioritizer for 2...
The Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMC/EMI emissions enabling the LTM8065 to pass CISPR 22 class B for use in noise-sensitive signal processing applications, including imaging and RF systems. The LTM8065’s small 6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm BGA package includes a switching regulator controller, power switches, inductor and other supporting components. With only two 0805 sized capacitors and two 0603 sized resistors, the LTM8065’s solution occupies approximately 100mm², about half the size of equivalent power level module solutions.
The LTM8065 can deliver 2.5A of continuous (3.5A peak) output current to a 5V load from a 12V input at up to 85°C ambient without a heat sink or airflow. The output voltage is adjustable with one resistor from 0.97V to 18V. This wide output voltage range provides versatility, using one product to generate common system bus voltage of 3.3V, 5V, 12V and 15V.
The switching frequency is adjustable by an external single resistor or can be synchronized to an external clock from 200kHz to 3MHz. It enables customer operation of the device in or out of the specific frequency. The LTM8065 has four modes: Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, pulse-skip mode with spread spectrum modulation and external synchronization mode. The quiescent current at burst mode is 8µA, making it ideal for battery operating systems.
The LTM8065 operating temperature range is –40°C to 125°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $7.75 each.
- 1HOLTEK New BH67F2480 MCU for Blood Glucose Meter Applications
- 2IBASE Debuts OFP Series Full-Flat Open Frame Modular Panel PC
- 3Toshiba Launches High Current Photorelays in DIP4 Package
- 4Toshiba Unveils Industry's First SSDs Utilizing 96-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- 5Industry’s First Automotive Security Development Kit
- 6AAEON’s Latest 4” Motherboard Is Built for Speed
- 7Toshiba Releases Compact Power MOSFET Gate Driver Intelligent Power Device
- 8Marvell Introduces Industry's First NVMe-oF SSD Converter Control
- 9Toshiba Develops 40V N-channel Power MOSFETs with Improved Thermal Performance
- 10Toshiba Announces Next-Generation Superjunction Power MOSFETs