In parallel with the 11th Gen Intel Core processor launch (code named “Tiger Lake”), congatec announces the availabi...
congatec announces its brand new conga SMC1/SMARC-x86 3.5-inch carrier board. The new size-optimized SMARC 2.1 carrier board in 3...
The platform supports redundancy as well as real-time collaboration and consists of COM Express Type 7 modules with Intel Atom processors (codename Denverton) and a real-time hypervisor from Real-Time Systems. The aim of this edge/fog server demo installation is to highlight the advantages of function virtualization and software defined services for IoT and Industry 4.0 connected rugged embedded server systems.
OEMs benefit from application-ready, virtualized, fanless embedded server platforms with up to 16 cores, giving them the ability to provide highly flexible real-time capable carrier-grade edge services as well as all kinds of shop floor based Industry 4.0 and M2M/IoT services. In addition, dedicated infrastructure components such as firewalls, load balancers and routing systems can be standardized with software-based solutions and consolidated on the fog servers themselves. All this helps OEMs increase the agility and cost-effectiveness of their communications infrastructures.
The virtualized Server-on-Module platforms support redundant edge/fog server configurations that are connected via redundant 10 GbE interfaces, and can be used to install and manage any number of applications and services. There are also redundant core configurations for real-time support of machine controllers in which the individual cores and device resources can be prioritized or assigned exclusively.
Thanks to the hardware independence of virtualized platforms, it is possible to develop multi-tenant nodes for faster implementation of heterogeneous machines, systems and sensor networks in Industry 4.0 environments, making these virtualized, real-time installations more agile, flexible and scalable. The installation is also suitable for high availability cloudlets and small cells at the edge of carrier infrastructures.
The presented virtualized edge server platform is a flagship project of congatec's extended services for Industry 4.0 and IoT ready Computer-on-Modules that come application-ready to use - including all required embedded software and hardware services. congatec provided design-in services, BIOS customization, driver and OS support including virtualization as well as all relevant hardware oriented services for this individually designed platform.
These services include but are not limited to PCB checks of customers' layouts, debugging, signal integrity simulation and testing; testing of EMC, power consumption and compliance; as well as thermal design and thermal adaptation.
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2BOXER-8222AI: The Power of AI at the Edge
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 4Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 5Toshiba Launches Ultra-Low Current Consumption CMOS Operational Amplifier
- 6STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 7HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 8u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 9PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 10ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device