Samsung Electronics announced that it has begun mass producing its fifth-generation V-NAND memory chips with the fastest data transfers now available...
Samsung Electronics today introduced its new 'ISOCELL Plus' technology, which allows CMOS image sensors to capture more light...
“Samsung’s ISOCELL image sensors take advantage of various technologies to deliver innovative imaging experiences in mobile devices,” said Ben K. Hur, vice president of System LSI marketing at Samsung Electronics. “The ISOCELL Plug and Play solution will help reduce time-to-market for set makers and offer a quality-assured camera solution to end-users.”
The Samsung ISOCELL Slim 3P9 is a 1.0μm 16Mp image sensor with Tetracell technology that allows bright and vivid pictures in today’s sleekly designed smartphones. With Tetracell, a technology that merges four neighboring pixels, the 3P9 can function as a 2.0μm image sensor for front-facing cameras that can take brighter pictures in low-lit environments.
For faster auto-focusing, the 3P9 adopted an advanced phase detection auto-focus (PDAF) with doubled auto-focus agent density than that of conventional PDAF sensors. In addition, the sensor significantly stabilizes pictures and videos taken while in motion with a gyro-synchronizer that syncs frame exposure time from the sensor with movement data from the device’s gyroscope. Once the data is synced, the mobile processor can simply adjust the frames based on movement rather than rigorously analyzing each frame to detect and compensate for angular movement.
For easier camera optimization while accelerating time-to-market, Samsung also offers an ISOCELL Plug and Play solution for the 3P9 in a rear camera module. Optimizing a camera module, made up of parts from different providers, with the mobile processor can be an arduous and lengthy task for smartphone makers. Samsung’s ISOCELL Plug and Play solution simplifies this process by offering a turnkey ISOCELL sensor module tuned for Valued Camera eXperience (VCX)-grade image quality, along with other components, including lenses and actuators from preferred partners.
Since the optimization and reliability tests are done beforehand at the module-level rather than on the sensor alone, manufacturers can simply plug the camera module onto their device, saving up to four months of development time.
The Samsung ISOCELL Slim 3P9 with Plug and Play solution is currently available.
- 1New Current Sense Transformers Now Available at Wurth Electronics Midcom
- 2First 32-bit MCU to Feature Robust, Chip-level Security and Arm TrustZone Technology
- 3Portwell Anniunces New COM Express 3.0 Evaluation Board with 10GbE Solutions
- 4Unleash Maximum Airflow with Lian Li PC-011 Air Chassis
- 5BIOSTAR Unveils M500 M.2 2280 PCI-Express NVMe SSD
- 6HOLTEK New Higher Noise Immunity A/D Touch MCU BS86xxxC Series
- 7Avalue Introduces ERX-C236KP Industrial Motherboards
- 8Trigence Introduces Full Digital Driver DN3013 for High-Res Audio
- 9AVX Reeleases Unique Three-Piece STRIPT Contact System for Linear LED & Coplanar PCB Connections
- 10New DLP Pico Controllers Enable Precision Light Control and High Image Quality