TAINAN CITY, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi), a world leader in e paper displays, announces that its low power e-pap...
Pervasive Displays (PDi) announces a newly available e-paper shield starter kit to help makers and hobbyists integrate e-paper into any project needing a display...
“These new 12-inch EPDs bring the clarity and impact of e-paper displays to a stunning new, larger format,” said Scott Soong, CEO of Pervasive Displays. “With sunlight-readability, they’re well suited to transportation, public information, and other markets where high visibility is valued.”
The E2B98FS081 is a 12-inch active matrix TFT three-pigment (black, white, and red), E Ink display panel. With a resolution of 103dpi, the display shows crisp, clear graphics and text. As E Ink replicates the optical characteristics of ink and paper, the EPD can be read clearly in ambient light without a backlight, or in direct sunlight, unlike traditional LCD displays. With three color options, the E2B98FS081 can create eye catching informational displays, with colors being used to highlight critical information, product features, or promotions.
As a bistable display, the EPD module requires very little power to update an image and can maintain an image without power. Depending on the application, this means the E2B98FS081 can operate for days, weeks or even months on a single charge.
The highly integrated E2B98FS081 incorporates many features onboard which help reduce development time as well as cut BOM costs. Whereas many other EPDs rely on external timing controllers, the E2B98FS081 integrates a Chip-on-Glass timing controller on the display itself, along with a booster circuit to reduce the need for external components.
The timing controller stores pre-programmed driving waveforms tuned by Pervasive Displays to provide high performance operation of the EPD. Besides providing strong, reliable optical performance and low energy consumption, the stored waveforms also greatly simplify display development and operation.
The high level of integration, thin profile and low power consumption features allow the E2B98FS081 to be used in very small or thin form factors, and in applications without the energy budget for a traditional display.
- 1PICO-WHU4: Compact Board Built for the Edge
- 2Toshiba Launches Compact High-Speed Communication Logic Output Photocoupler
- 3MEMXPRO Introduces Extra Long Life TLC SSDs for Edge AI & 5G
- 4HOLTEK New BH66F71252 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission 24-bit A/D MCU
- 5Ultra-Low Power and Security for IoT Come First on New STM32L5 MCU from STMicroelectronics
- 6HOLTEK New HT45B3305H CAN Bus Controller
- 7Toshiba Launches Compact, Low Power, High Resolution Micro-stepping Motor Driver IC
- 8STMicroelectronics Reveals Latest Innovation in EV Energy Management for Cleaner and Safer Mobility
- 9A Cornerstone For Storage: Design-Forward External Hard Drive
- 10STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32H7 Product Lines for Smart Devices