Würth Elektronik eiSos presents a wide variety of new electronic and electromechanical components at embedded world. A ...
Würth Elektronik eiSos unveils WE-MCRI - a novel double choke: It is the first of its kind on the market with molding technology...
REDFIT IDC is a solderless reversible direct plug-in connector with SKEDD technology. It can be manually mounted on the plated-through holes of the PCB, which eliminates the need for extra sockets and any related soldering processes. The REDFIT IDC SKEDD also requires no mating plug, therefore saving on yet another component and reducing assembly and process costs.
For miniaturized components in particular, the less space required and the lower the height needed for any pin headers and other connector components, the better. REDFIT IDC SKEDD connectors only take up room for the connector itself on the PCB – there is no need for extra space above the circuit board.
The SKEDD connector is attached to the ribbon cable via insulation displacement technology. The plastic guides on the underside of the housing are longer than the contacts, thus preventing short circuits on the board underneath. Different size thicknesses of the guiding pins provide reverse polarity protection during the simple, (and tool-free), process of plugging and unplugging of the SKEDD connector. Depending on the application, between 10 and 25 mating cycles are specified.
The plastic housing of REDFIT IDC SKEDD WR-WST connector family of products is made of halogen-free LCP (liquid crystal polymers) of flammability class UL94 V0. The specified operating temperature ranges from -25°C to +105°C. The contact material, a copper alloy, is gold-plated on the SKEDD site and tin-plated on the IDC. The SKEDD contacts on the dual row plug connector are offset with a 2.54 mm pitch. On the cable side, the AWG 28 ribbon cable is connected with a 1.27 mm pitch. Further technical features include a rated current of 1.0 A per pin, an operating voltage of 100 V, isolation resistance of >1,000 MΩ, voltage stability of 500 Vac/min, and contact resistance of max. 10 mΩ.
“The robust REDFIT IDC SKEDD connectors are ideal for all applications that require a stable and space-saving signal connection or where a detachable connector requires tool-free maintenance. A good example is that of a debugger/microcontroller scenario. Previously, whenever firmware was installed after assembly, an extra socket had to be soldered to the board for that purpose – an additional component that was often used only one single time. Our new SKEDD connectors save on materials, space and costs,” says Daniel Kübler, Business Development Manager at Würth Elektronik eiSos.
The REDFIT IDC SKEDD connector is immediately available from stock with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 or 20 pins, and in any quantities. Free samples can be requested.
- 1Improved GUI for Advanced Inertial Measurement Units from ST
- 2HOLTEK New BH67F5235 24-bit A/D with Touch and LCD MCU
- 3Advanced IGBTs Optimized for Soft Switching Raise Induction-Heating Efficiency in Home Appliances
- 4Toshiba Launches Lens Reduction Type, 5340-Pixel by 3-line Linear Image Sensor
- 5Pervasive Displays Expands Its Popular Range of Red Tri-color E-paper Displays
- 6MEMS Chip Combines Accelerometer with High-Accuracy Temperature Sensor for Superior Precision
- 7HOLTEK New HT68F0036 High Current I/O MCU
- 8Samsung Introduces Exynos i T100 for Secure and Reliable IoT Devices
- 9Free Integrated Development Environment from STMicroelectronics Expands STM32Cube MCU Ecosystem
- 10STMicroelectronics’ 650V High-Frequency IGBTs Boost Performance with Latest High-Speed Technology