Vishay Intertechnology introduced a new series of direct water-cooled wirewound resistors that offers ultrahigh power dissipation to 9000 W with almost no external radiation...
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today introduced a new series of miniature snap-in power aluminum electrolytic capacitors...
With a radiant-sensitive area measuring 4.5 mm² — and high radiant sensitivity with a reverse light current of 28 µA and dark current of 0.2 nA — the device released today utilizes Vishay's proven wafer technology to detect visible and near infrared radiation over a wide spectrum range from 350 nm to 1100 nm. For green LEDs, the VEMD8080's sensitivity represents a 30% improvement over the standard technology in previous-generation solutions.
When used with green LEDs, such as Vishay's VLMTG1400, the photodiode's small size and high sensitivity enable slim sensor designs for optical heart rate detection in wearable devices such as fitness trackers and smartwatches. In these devices, the VEMD8080's rectangular shape allows several light emitting diodes to be placed close to the radiant sensitive area to maximize the signal. When combined with 660 nm and 940 nm dual color emitting diodes, the photodiode is ideal for SpO2 measurement in medical monitors.
The VEMD8080 features a ± 65° angle of half-sensitivity, operating temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C, and 950 nm wavelength of peak sensitivity. RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green, the photodiode provides a moisture sensitivity level (MSL) of 4 in accordance with J-STD-020 for a floor life of 72 hours.
Samples of the VEMD8080 are available now. Production quantities will be available in March 2018, with lead times of eight to 10 weeks for large orders. A product demo board is available from MikroElektronika and Vishay distributors.
- 1AAEON Launches the PICO-KBU4, A Rugged and Expandable Compact SBC
- 2Toshiba to Deliver Value SAS SSDs Targeting SATA Applications
- 3First 32-bit MCU to Feature Robust, Chip-level Security and Arm TrustZone Technology
- 4Portwell Anniunces New COM Express 3.0 Evaluation Board with 10GbE Solutions
- 5New Current Sense Transformers Now Available at Wurth Electronics Midcom
- 6TI's New High-voltage Amplifiers Enable Accuracy in Error-Sensitive Industrial Applications
- 7BIOSTAR Unveils M500 M.2 2280 PCI-Express NVMe SSD
- 8Unleash Maximum Airflow with Lian Li PC-011 Air Chassis
- 9New Vishay Intertechnology Series of Direct Water-Cooled Wirewound Resistors
- 10HOLTEK New Higher Noise Immunity A/D Touch MCU BS86xxxC Series