Flex Power Modules has added new features to make its Flex Power Designer software even easier to use for digital power system design...
Flex Power Modules announces the PKM7500W and PKM7100W, two new series of quarter-brick modules for powering railway rolling stock equipment...
Packaged in the industry-standard half-brick format measuring 2.40 x 2.28 x 0.50 inches (61 x 57.9 x 12.7mm), the PKJ4000 achieves a power density of more than 255W/in3. With special attention being paid to thermal design during the development of the product, conduction cooling of the module is optimized via the attached baseplate, which enables full power delivery at up to 85°C ambient, with a 100°C baseplate temperature and zero airflow in closed-box environments, which is typical within RFPA applications.
Two models are initially available at release. The PKJ4716APIHS delivers 28V at up to 25A/700W, with an output voltage adjustment range of 14V to 35V, while the PKJ4716HPIHS delivers 50V at up to 14A/700W, adjustable from 25V to 55V. The wide range of adjustability of the outputs makes them not only suitable for RFPA applications using LDMOS or GaN transistor technology, but also for other applications and markets that require a regulated programmable bus voltage such as 24V, 28V, 32V, 48V, 50V or 53/54V, Test and Automation, and Industrial Control and Instrumentation, to name a few.
“The PKJ4000 series is the first of a new expanded range of products we are developing for the RFPA market,” explained Olle Hellgren, Head of Business and Product Management at Flex Power Modules. “We see great potential for us to bring the benefits of our leading-edge technology and efficiencies to this area as 5G continues its development and roll-out.”
Other product features of the PKJ4000 series include 1500V input/output isolation, basic level insulation, monotonic start-up, remote sensing, remote control, and a range of protection capabilities including over-temperature, output-short-circuit and output-over-voltage.
Offering a calculated MTBF figure of 7.5Mhrs, the new series has been designed and manufactured by Flex Power Modules to deliver the levels of quality and confidence that are required by power system designers to develop long-term and high-performance reliable platforms.
- 1PICO-WHU4: Compact Board Built for the Edge
- 2Toshiba Launches Compact High-Speed Communication Logic Output Photocoupler
- 3MEMXPRO Introduces Extra Long Life TLC SSDs for Edge AI & 5G
- 4HOLTEK New BH66F71252 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission 24-bit A/D MCU
- 5Ultra-Low Power and Security for IoT Come First on New STM32L5 MCU from STMicroelectronics
- 6HOLTEK New HT45B3305H CAN Bus Controller
- 7Toshiba Launches Compact, Low Power, High Resolution Micro-stepping Motor Driver IC
- 8STMicroelectronics Reveals Latest Innovation in EV Energy Management for Cleaner and Safer Mobility
- 9A Cornerstone For Storage: Design-Forward External Hard Drive
- 10STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32H7 Product Lines for Smart Devices