Flex Power Modules has added new features to make its Flex Power Designer software even easier to use for digital power system design...
Flex Power Modules announces the PKM7500W and PKM7100W, two new series of quarter-brick modules for powering railway rolling stock equipment...
Packaged in the industry-standard half-brick format measuring 2.40 x 2.28 x 0.50 inches (61 x 57.9 x 12.7mm), the PKJ4000 achieves a power density of more than 255W/in3. With special attention being paid to thermal design during the development of the product, conduction cooling of the module is optimized via the attached baseplate, which enables full power delivery at up to 85°C ambient, with a 100°C baseplate temperature and zero airflow in closed-box environments, which is typical within RFPA applications.
Two models are initially available at release. The PKJ4716APIHS delivers 28V at up to 25A/700W, with an output voltage adjustment range of 14V to 35V, while the PKJ4716HPIHS delivers 50V at up to 14A/700W, adjustable from 25V to 55V. The wide range of adjustability of the outputs makes them not only suitable for RFPA applications using LDMOS or GaN transistor technology, but also for other applications and markets that require a regulated programmable bus voltage such as 24V, 28V, 32V, 48V, 50V or 53/54V, Test and Automation, and Industrial Control and Instrumentation, to name a few.
“The PKJ4000 series is the first of a new expanded range of products we are developing for the RFPA market,” explained Olle Hellgren, Head of Business and Product Management at Flex Power Modules. “We see great potential for us to bring the benefits of our leading-edge technology and efficiencies to this area as 5G continues its development and roll-out.”
Other product features of the PKJ4000 series include 1500V input/output isolation, basic level insulation, monotonic start-up, remote sensing, remote control, and a range of protection capabilities including over-temperature, output-short-circuit and output-over-voltage.
Offering a calculated MTBF figure of 7.5Mhrs, the new series has been designed and manufactured by Flex Power Modules to deliver the levels of quality and confidence that are required by power system designers to develop long-term and high-performance reliable platforms.
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 3Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 4STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 5PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 6u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 7HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 8HOLTEK New BA45F6720/6740/6746 CO/GAS Detector MCUs
- 9ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device
- 10Toshiba Announces Updated 4TB, 6TB and 8TB Enterprise Capacity HDD Models