Samsung Display launched an new video wall for the signage market. The UHD 65-inch video wall panels, offering a nearly ...
Samsung Electronics today announced its latest premium application processor (AP), the Exynos 9 Series 9820, equipped for on-device Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications...
Full-spectrum light encompasses a continuous range of wavelengths from blue and green to red, creating a light blend suitable for horticultural uses. Compared to narrow spectrum lighting, Samsung’s full-spectrum-based LEDs encourage healthier and more balanced plant growth by stimulating photosynthesis, enhancing plant immunity and increasing nutritional value.
Additionally, the LEDs can help to improve the overall farming environment by enabling growers to observe plant conditions more easily and spot diseases, like damping-off, at an earlier stage under bright white lighting. As high-efficiency and cost-effective alternatives to higher-priced red LEDs, full-spectrum LEDs can help lower the costs of a grower’s entire lighting system.
“Samsung’s full-spectrum-based horticulture LEDs present a new way of using LED lighting to improve plant cultivation at reduced system costs,” said Un Soo Kim, senior vice president of LED Business Team at Samsung Electronics. “We plan to further expand our horticulture offerings by integrating the latest in smart LED lighting technology, including Samsung’s leading sensor and connectivity solutions.”
In addition to its full-spectrum white LEDs, Samsung has added blue, red and far-red LEDs to its horticulture family to offer an extensive variety of wavelength combinations and meet the different design needs of horticulture lighting manufacturers.
Built on Samsung’s market-proven LED technologies, the new full spectrum and color LED lineups feature a high degree of reliability, making them well-suited to withstand high temperatures and humidity levels as well as agricultural chemicals used in greenhouses and vertical farming.
Samsung’s horticulture LED packages are now in mass production for lighting manufacturers and growers worldwide. The modules will become available in the first quarter of 2019.
- 1HOLTEK New HT68FB571 USB RGB LED Flash MCU
- 2Industry’s Lowest-power LoRa System-in-Package Family
- 3Avalue Introduces ATX Industrial Motherboards, EAX-H81P and EAX-H110KP
- 4The First Fully Bluetooth 5.0 Long Range Compliant and Smallest RF Module on the Market
- 5HOLTEK New HT45F4833 DC Motor Driver SoC MCU
- 6Toshiba Machine Launches New Die Casting Machines for Southeast Asian Market
- 7Samsung Expands Horticulture LED Lineups to Advance Greenhouse and Vertical Farming
- 8Renesas Electronics Announces Industry’s First USB-C Combo Buck-Boost Battery Charger
- 9HOLTEK New BS45F3232 Proximity Sensing MCU
- 10Vishay Intertechnology F339X2 305VAC Automotive X2 EMI Suppression Film Capacitors