Toshiba Memory Corporation, the world leader in memory solutions, today announced the BG4 series, a new line-up of single package NVMe SSDs with capacities up to 1...
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation announces MG08 Series, the industry’s largest capacity 16TB Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) HDD...
The new 12TB and 14TB models use a helium-sealed design, enabling the 3.5-inch mechanical design to deliver increased storage density with a lower hard drive operating power profile. Toshiba laser welding technology and hard drive case design keeps the helium securely sealed inside the drive enclosure.
The new 12TB and 14TB models operate at 7,200rpm and come with an ultra-high 256MB data buffer. The N300 NAS and X300 models use Toshiba’s advanced Stable Platter Technology to minimize vibrations by stabilizing the motor shaft at both ends for improved tracking accuracy and maximum performance during read and write operations.
The N300 NAS models include rotational vibration (RV) sensors and deliver sustained data transfer speeds up to 260MB/s for 14TB or up to 253MB/s for 12TB. With support for up to 8 HDD multi-RAID systems, the new N300 models are highly scalable to the users’ NAS configurations as their data storage needs evolve, and large amounts of data need to be efficiently stored and accessed daily.
“The new drives deliver exceptional performance, storage, reliability and power efficiency, using advanced technologies that will continue to increase capacity and keep Toshiba as an innovator in the storage space,” said Fujiki Hirohisa, Senior Manager of Storage Products Sales & Marketing Division at Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation.
The N300 NAS Hard Drive series is designed for use in high-performance personal, home office and small business network attached storage applications such as for scalable RAID systems. It is optimized for the performance, reliability and endurance requirements of 24/7 operation high-capacity storage.
The X300 Performance Hard Drive series delivers extreme performance and robust capacity for creative and professional applications including graphic design, animation, photo and video editing, and PC gaming. With up to 14TB, the new hard drives easily store and provide access to even the fastest-growing gaming libraries.
General availability of the new capacity models will start in December 2018.
- 1Tiny MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics Enhances Measurement Accuracy
- 2HOLTEK New HT32F0006 Arm Cortex-M0+ Core 32-bit Voice/Music Synthesis Dedicated MCU
- 3Smallest Data Converters Deliver High Integration and Performance
- 4HOLTEK New BA45F5542/BA45F5542-2 Smoke Detector MCU with Power Line Transceiver
- 5STMicroelectronics Adds 6-Axis Inertial Module to Ultra-Low-Power MEMS Sensors
- 6HOLTEK New BH67F2132 1.1V R to F MCU
- 7Portwell Releases an Ultra Compact Embedded System Powered by Intel Atom N Series
- 8Toshiba Announces 16TB MG08 Series Hard Disk Drives
- 9ASIX Single Chip USB KVM Switch Solutions
- 10Toshiba Memory Unveils 1TB Single Package PCIe Gen3 x4L SSDs with 96-Layer 3D Flash Memory