Portwell announces the launch of PCOM-C700, Type 7 COM Express carrier board in its COM Express portfolio. At a mere 304...
Portwell, Inc., a innovator for Industrial PC (IPC) and embedded computing solutions, and an associate member of the Intel Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Alliance...
According to Ian Wang, Portwell's product manager, the new rugged RICH-61D0 is equipped with the Portwell WUX-N series, a NUC (4"x4") form factor embedded board based on the Intel Atom processor N series (formerly Apollo Lake), which integrates the low power Intel Gen9 graphics engine with up to 18 execution units that improves 3D graphics performance and supports faster 4K encode and decode operations.
The compact RICH-61D0 embedded system also features DDR3L SO-DIMM up to 8 GB supporting 866/1600 MT/s; 6x USB ports; one DP and one HDMI with resolution up to 4096 x 2160; one COM port for RS-232 on rear I/O; and multiple storage with 1 x SATA III port, 1 x Micro-SD 3.0 socket and can also support onboard eMMC 5.0 up to 64G (normal 32G). Moreover, the compact 113(W) x 41(H) x 135(D) mm chassis platform integrates the M.2 interface which enables wireless connectivity such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, making it an ideal embedded computer or IoT gateway.
“Portwell’s RICH-61D0 is offered with long product lifespan up to 10 years,” Wang states, “yet it operates with thermal design power (TDP) of 6W or 10W for fanless applications and also supports a wide power voltage input from DV 12V to 19V for various industrial applications.”
Specifically, the RICH-61D0 further benefits from the top cover/heat sink mechanism that facilitates efficient heat dissipation. Due to the fanless and compact chassis design of RICH-61D0, it can ensure better reliability, silent operation and lower the field maintenance and service cost for harsh environment or unmanned application with remote management wireless connectivity.
“With its cutting-edge superior performance—up to quad-core processing power via Intel Atom processor N series (formerly Apollo Lake), fanless compact chassis design, and wireless connectivity—the Portwell RICH-61D0 embedded system is a perfect and practical solution for medical, Industrial automation and IoT gateway applications,” Wang confirms.
- 1STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32G4 MCUs for Next-Gen Digital Power Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches New Family of Low Voltage Driven Photorelays
- 3u-blox Takes Continuous Lane Accurate Positioning to Challenging Urban Environments
- 4STMicroelectronics’ Programmable Power-Management Device Saves Space and Increases Reliability
- 5Hearables: Bosch Brings Smart Features to Your Ear
- 6u-blox Redefines IoT Security with 5G-ready Cellular Module and Chipset for Low Power Wide Area IoT
- 7HOLTEK’s New HT66F0021/HT66F0031/HT66F0041 Cost-Effective MCUs
- 8HOLTEK New BA45F5222 Smoke Detector MCU
- 9AI Core XP4 and XP8: The Flexible AI Solution with Intel Myriad X
- 10BOXER-8150AI: AI at the Speed of Sight