Portwell announces the launch of PCOM-C700, Type 7 COM Express carrier board in its COM Express portfolio. At a mere 304...
Portwell, Inc., a innovator for Industrial PC (IPC) and embedded computing solutions, and an associate member of the Intel Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Alliance...
According to Ian Wang, Portwell's product manager, the new rugged RICH-61D0 is equipped with the Portwell WUX-N series, a NUC (4"x4") form factor embedded board based on the Intel Atom processor N series (formerly Apollo Lake), which integrates the low power Intel Gen9 graphics engine with up to 18 execution units that improves 3D graphics performance and supports faster 4K encode and decode operations.
The compact RICH-61D0 embedded system also features DDR3L SO-DIMM up to 8 GB supporting 866/1600 MT/s; 6x USB ports; one DP and one HDMI with resolution up to 4096 x 2160; one COM port for RS-232 on rear I/O; and multiple storage with 1 x SATA III port, 1 x Micro-SD 3.0 socket and can also support onboard eMMC 5.0 up to 64G (normal 32G). Moreover, the compact 113(W) x 41(H) x 135(D) mm chassis platform integrates the M.2 interface which enables wireless connectivity such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, making it an ideal embedded computer or IoT gateway.
“Portwell’s RICH-61D0 is offered with long product lifespan up to 10 years,” Wang states, “yet it operates with thermal design power (TDP) of 6W or 10W for fanless applications and also supports a wide power voltage input from DV 12V to 19V for various industrial applications.”
Specifically, the RICH-61D0 further benefits from the top cover/heat sink mechanism that facilitates efficient heat dissipation. Due to the fanless and compact chassis design of RICH-61D0, it can ensure better reliability, silent operation and lower the field maintenance and service cost for harsh environment or unmanned application with remote management wireless connectivity.
“With its cutting-edge superior performance—up to quad-core processing power via Intel Atom processor N series (formerly Apollo Lake), fanless compact chassis design, and wireless connectivity—the Portwell RICH-61D0 embedded system is a perfect and practical solution for medical, Industrial automation and IoT gateway applications,” Wang confirms.
- 1Renesas Introduces Ultra-Small RX651 32-Bit MCUs for IoT Modules and Space-Constrained Edge Devices
- 2Toshiba Memory Corporation Introduces XL-FLASH Storage Class Memory Solution
- 3TYAN Launches AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processor Based Server Platform
- 4HOLTEK New HT66F2630 High Accuracy/Low Current LIRC &A/D MCU
- 5UnitedSiC Adds 2 New 650V SiC FET Packages to UF3C FAST Series
- 6ASDM-S-KBU: Bring the Edge to Smart Display Solutions
- 7STM32Trust Ecosystem from STMicroelectronics Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designe
- 8New UP Core Plus Modular Boards from AAEON
- 9Nuvoton Launches Brand New M261/M262/M263 Series MCUs for IoT Applications
- 10Avalue’s EPD-42T Revolutionary Patient Communication Board Enabled by E Ink ePaper