STUDER is awarding its research prize, the "Fritz Studer Award", for the sixth time. Students from European universities and technical colleges are invited to participate...
It was 1933 when the first internal cylindrical grinding machine, Type 01, left the premises of Fritz Studer AG. 85 year...
The foundation of the S33 universal cylindrical grinding machine is the machine bed made from solid Granitan S103. Thanks to its favorable thermal behavior this provides high dimen-sional stability, while short-term variations in temperature are largely equalized by the mineral casting. STUDER has redesigned the machine base geometry and added an innovative base temperature control. This ensures quick and stable production. The fixing of the dressing de-vice on the double T-slot of the longitudinal slide drastically reduces the complexity of setup and changeover.
The S33 is based on the STUDER T-slide concept. It now has an extended X-axis stroke of 370 mm. STUDER offers a number of wheelhead variants. The turret wheelhead can take up to two external and one internal grinding spindle and enables automatic swiveling with a 1° Hirth coupling. It is also equipped with the latest generation of gap control. The external wheelhead with a wheel on the right can be set to 0°, 15° and 30°. Setup and changeover costs can be reduced thanks to the turret wheelhead with several grinding wheels and quick setup with the Quick-Set software. Internal, external and surface grinding in a single clamping is child's play for the S33 and leads to even higher efficiency in complete machining opera-tions. Grinding of forms and threads is made possible by the C-axis with indirect or direct measuring system. The S33 can also be equipped with a chuck workhead for grinding chuck components.
Over a hundred years of grinding experience are invested in StuderWIN, which enables relia-ble programming and efficient operation. StuderTechnology also automatically calculates the exact grinding parameters in a matter of seconds, based on just a little information. This means good quality and a stable process at the first attempt. The optional integrated modules such as StuderForm, StuderThread or StuderContourBasic extend the functionality of the ma-chine.
The PCU manual control unit enables setup of the machine close to the grinding process. Non-productive times can be reduced to a minimum with the electronic contact detection func-tion. In addition, the standardized loader interface enables automation of the S33.
- 1Nexperia Delivers Widest Range of AEC-Q101 Discretes in Miniature, Leadless Rugged DFN Packages
- 2Renesas Introduces New Industrial Motor Commutation With High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- 3Toshiba Releases Industry’s First Photocouplers for High-Speed Communications Operating from 2.2V
- 4Würth Elektronik Presents Cat6-compatible WR-MJ Modular Jack Connectors
- 5HOLTEK New TinyPowerTM 40V/150mA HT75Hxx Series Ultra Low Quiescent Current with Protection
- 6Avalue Introduces AIO POS Touchscreen Terminal and Smart Healthcare Solutions
- 7STMicroelectronics Launches Web-based Ecosystem to Help Digital-power Solutions
- 8AAEON Edge Solutions: Monitoring for Healthy Practices in Banking
- 9Silicon-Power Announces New PCIe 4.0 SSD with NVMe 1.3 Supporting
- 10KEMET Introduces Three New Series of Film Capacitors