Arrow Electronics, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics (ST) have introduced a low-power wireless multi-sensor edge-intelligence solution for smart factory...
STMicroelectronics has created an innovative radiation-hardened (rad-hard), programmable integrated current limiter (ICL...
The FSM logic lets users run gesture and motion-recognition algorithms directly in the sensor for always-on convenience and low power consumption. The MLC implements machine-learning classifiers for real-time always-on motion and vibration pattern recognition.
With Unico GUI (STSW-MKI109L for Linux, STSW-MKI109M for Mac OSX, and STSW-MKI109W for Windows machines) to configure the module’s internal registers and embedded FSM and MLC logic, users can quickly and easily create their own motion-recognition algorithms. The GUI also makes light work of combining the module’s accelerometer and gyroscope data with inputs from additional external sensors, such as a magnetometer, for even more sophisticated context-sensing capabilities.
When used in smartphones, wearables, or industrial devices, the FSM and MLC -- as an embedded, low-power engine for gesture and motion recognition -- allow user-interface functions and context-aware apps to continue running while the main processor sleeps to maximize battery runtime.
The LSM6DSO contains logic for up to 16 independent state machines, each generating a hardware interrupt activated by a specific motion pattern, while the LSM6DSOX contains also the logic to implement multiple-stage decision trees for machine-learning classification.
- 1AAEON SD-WAN Solutions Powering Work-From-Home to Keep Business Running
- 2Renesas Extends Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity to RA Family of 32-Bit MCUs with Arm Cortex-M Core
- 3VPC-3350AI: Faster Performance for AI at the Edge
- 4STM32Cube MCU Development Software from STMicroelectronics Now on GitHub
- 5HOLTEK New BS83A04C Low Power Enhanced Touch MCU
- 6Toshiba Releases MOSFET Gate Driver Switch IPD for Automotive ECUs
- 7HOLTEK New Arm Cortex-M0+ Ｂased 32-bit Flash MCU Series HT32F573xx
- 8HOLTEK New Arm Cortex-M0+ based 32-bit Flash MCU Series HT32F52357/52367
- 9UP Xtreme: Powering Intelligent Surveillance Solutions
- 10New Vishay Intertechnology Wireless Charging Coils Offer Direct Replacements for EOL Devices