Tainan City, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi) launches its new range of large-format tri-color displays that render text and images in yellow, as well as black and white...
Pervasive Displays (PDi) announces a new TFT active matrix Electronic Paper Display (EPD) module that provides a dynamic...
The additional size options give product and service designers more flexibility when choosing displays, typically for use cases where there is no access to mains power. Unlike conventional TFT LCDs, e-paper displays only consume energy when you change what’s on the display, so maintaining a static image requires no energy at all. And because each screen update uses relatively little energy, e-paper displays can be powered using either a small battery or harvested energy.
This makes them a popular choice in a variety of applications where the contents of the display only needs updating sporadically such as logistics tags, ID and visitor badges, e-labels or IoT sensor node status screens.
With state-of-the-art driving waveform and respective pixel densities of 130 dpi (3.7-inch) and 117 dpi (4.37-inch), both can render sharp and detailed images and text. And because Pervasive Displays pre-programs key capabilities into the displays, they can be driven without consuming resource from the host controller.
Moreover, the displays’ slimline footprint, enabled in part by the built-in timing controller (Tcon), gives designers more space for other components, or the ability to minimize their overall product size.
Alchin Wang, CEO, Pervasive Displays, said: “Red EPDs provide a striking contrast that helps attract people’s attention and conveys critical information more quickly. Our red tri-color EPDs have been extremely popular, which is why we are expanding the range to give designers greater choice when selecting a display for their product.”
“And with speed-to-market a critical consideration for many customers, these displays are designed to be easy to integrate into end products, so they can be in customers’ hands as quickly as possible.”
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 6HOLTEK New BC3602 Sub-1GHz FSK/GFSK Low Current RF Transceiver IC
- 7Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 8HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 9Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 10congatec Launches 100 Watt Ecosystem for Embedded Edge and Micro Servers