Pervasive Displays (PDi), a world leader in e-paper displays, announces the introduction of the E24581JS084 5.8-inch and E2969JS084 9...
Tainan City, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi) launches its new range of large-format tri-color displays that render text and images in yellow, as well as black and white...
The additional size options give product and service designers more flexibility when choosing displays, typically for use cases where there is no access to mains power. Unlike conventional TFT LCDs, e-paper displays only consume energy when you change what’s on the display, so maintaining a static image requires no energy at all. And because each screen update uses relatively little energy, e-paper displays can be powered using either a small battery or harvested energy.
This makes them a popular choice in a variety of applications where the contents of the display only needs updating sporadically such as logistics tags, ID and visitor badges, e-labels or IoT sensor node status screens.
With state-of-the-art driving waveform and respective pixel densities of 130 dpi (3.7-inch) and 117 dpi (4.37-inch), both can render sharp and detailed images and text. And because Pervasive Displays pre-programs key capabilities into the displays, they can be driven without consuming resource from the host controller.
Moreover, the displays’ slimline footprint, enabled in part by the built-in timing controller (Tcon), gives designers more space for other components, or the ability to minimize their overall product size.
Alchin Wang, CEO, Pervasive Displays, said: “Red EPDs provide a striking contrast that helps attract people’s attention and conveys critical information more quickly. Our red tri-color EPDs have been extremely popular, which is why we are expanding the range to give designers greater choice when selecting a display for their product.”
“And with speed-to-market a critical consideration for many customers, these displays are designed to be easy to integrate into end products, so they can be in customers’ hands as quickly as possible.”
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2BOXER-8222AI: The Power of AI at the Edge
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 4Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 5Toshiba Launches Ultra-Low Current Consumption CMOS Operational Amplifier
- 6HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 7STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 8u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 9PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 10ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device