Samsung SDI has become the first Li-ion battery manufacturer to fulfill the rack-level safety standards of the UL9540A test for Energy Storage System (ESS)...
Samsung Electronics today announced that it has developed the industry's first 12-layer 3D-TSV (Through Silicon Via) technology...
Based on a power-efficient 28-nanometer (nm) process technology, the Exynos i T100 is optimized to be used with short-range IoT devices that automate and control environments within homes or businesses. The vast array of applications for such devices would include smart lighting, home security and monitoring, temperature control, fire and gas detectors, and fitness wearables.
“Low-power short-range IoT solutions that connect various products in our homes or buildings can make our lives easier and safer,” said Ben Hur, senior vice president of System LSI marketing at Samsung Electronics. “The Exynos i T100, engineered with multiple communication protocols along with strong security capabilities, will help further extend IoT services in areas where they could benefit our everyday lives.”
The Exynos i T100 supports popular short-range communication protocols, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 and Zigbee 3.0, and also integrates the processor with memory in a small single-chip package, all to enhance flexibility in the product development process for device manufacturers.
Strong security features that protect against potential hacking and other threats is a must when it comes to wireless IoT devices that automate and control their environment. The Exynos i T100 comes with a separate Security Sub-System (SSS) hardware block for data encryption and a Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) that creates a unique identity for each chipset.
This new IoT solution also adds to reliability in that it can endure extreme temperatures as low as -40°C and up to 125°C.
- 1HOLTEK HT79171/HT79181 – High-Efficiency 5A/6A Peak Current Synchronous Step-Up Converter
- 2Flex Power Modules DC-DC Converters Have Ultra-wide Input Range for Railway Rolling Stock
- 3STMicroelectronics Adds Wireless Support to Proven Smart-Meter Chipset
- 4Toshiba’s New Three-Phase Brushless Motor Control Pre-Driver IC Features Sensorless Control
- 5BOXER-8220AI: Powering AI with NVIDIA Jetson Nano
- 6Renesas Electronics Introduces Industry’s First ASi-5 ASSP for Industrial Automation
- 7HOLTEK New HT66F3195 A/D MCU with EEPROM
- 8Renesas Electronics Introduces Low-Power RL78 Prototyping Board to Simplify IoT Prototyping
- 9New STM32WB Wireless MCUs from STMicroelectronics Delivered in a New Affordable Value Line
- 10HOLTEK New BS83A02L Ultra-Low Power I/O Touch MCU