Samsung Electronics today announced that it has developed the industry's first 12-layer 3D-TSV (Through Silicon Via) technology...
Samsung Electronics today introduced the industry’s first 0.7-micrometer (μm)-pixel image sensor, the 43.7-megapixel (Mp) Samsung ISOCELL Slim GH1...
Based on a power-efficient 28-nanometer (nm) process technology, the Exynos i T100 is optimized to be used with short-range IoT devices that automate and control environments within homes or businesses. The vast array of applications for such devices would include smart lighting, home security and monitoring, temperature control, fire and gas detectors, and fitness wearables.
“Low-power short-range IoT solutions that connect various products in our homes or buildings can make our lives easier and safer,” said Ben Hur, senior vice president of System LSI marketing at Samsung Electronics. “The Exynos i T100, engineered with multiple communication protocols along with strong security capabilities, will help further extend IoT services in areas where they could benefit our everyday lives.”
The Exynos i T100 supports popular short-range communication protocols, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 and Zigbee 3.0, and also integrates the processor with memory in a small single-chip package, all to enhance flexibility in the product development process for device manufacturers.
Strong security features that protect against potential hacking and other threats is a must when it comes to wireless IoT devices that automate and control their environment. The Exynos i T100 comes with a separate Security Sub-System (SSS) hardware block for data encryption and a Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) that creates a unique identity for each chipset.
This new IoT solution also adds to reliability in that it can endure extreme temperatures as low as -40°C and up to 125°C.
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 6HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 7Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 8Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 9Renesas Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs With Advanced Security for Intelligent IoT
- 10HOLTEK New BS67F350C Enhanced Touch A/D LCD MCU with High Noise Immunity