Samsung Electronics announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 12-gigabit (Gb) LPDDR5 mobile DRAM...
Samsung Electronics announced that it has received the ISO 26262 certification for functional safety in automotive components from TÜV Rheinland...
Based on a power-efficient 28-nanometer (nm) process technology, the Exynos i T100 is optimized to be used with short-range IoT devices that automate and control environments within homes or businesses. The vast array of applications for such devices would include smart lighting, home security and monitoring, temperature control, fire and gas detectors, and fitness wearables.
“Low-power short-range IoT solutions that connect various products in our homes or buildings can make our lives easier and safer,” said Ben Hur, senior vice president of System LSI marketing at Samsung Electronics. “The Exynos i T100, engineered with multiple communication protocols along with strong security capabilities, will help further extend IoT services in areas where they could benefit our everyday lives.”
The Exynos i T100 supports popular short-range communication protocols, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 and Zigbee 3.0, and also integrates the processor with memory in a small single-chip package, all to enhance flexibility in the product development process for device manufacturers.
Strong security features that protect against potential hacking and other threats is a must when it comes to wireless IoT devices that automate and control their environment. The Exynos i T100 comes with a separate Security Sub-System (SSS) hardware block for data encryption and a Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) that creates a unique identity for each chipset.
This new IoT solution also adds to reliability in that it can endure extreme temperatures as low as -40°C and up to 125°C.
- 1u-blox Redefines IoT Security with 5G-ready Cellular Module and Chipset for Low Power Wide Area IoT
- 2USB 3.1 Flash Drive Key for Industrial Applications
- 3High-Performance MEMS Inertial Module from STM Targets Demanding AR, VR, and Tracking Applications
- 4Avalue Launch of Intel Coffee Lake Rugged Fanless Embedded System – EPS-CFS
- 5Swissbit Introduces Industrial Grade 3D-NAND-SSD
- 6Powerline Communication Development Toolset from STMicroelectronics
- 7Samsung Begins Mass Production of Industry’s First 12Gb LPDDR5 Mobile DRAM
- 8congatec Presents 10 New High-end Modules for Embedded Edge Computing