Samsung Electronics today introduced 108 megapixel (Mp) Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX, the first mobile image sensor in the industry to go beyond 100 million pixels...
Samsung Electronics announced that it has begun mass producing 250-gigabyte (GB) SATA solid state drive (SSD) that integ...
“With mass production of the 12Gb LPDDR5 built on Samsung’s latest second-generation 10-nanometer (nm) class process, we are thrilled to be supporting the timely launch of 5G flagship smartphones for our customers worldwide,” said Jung-bae Lee, executive vice president of DRAM Product & Technology, Samsung Electronics. “Samsung remains committed to rapidly introducing next-generation mobile memory technologies that deliver greater performance and higher capacity, as we continue to aggressively drive growth of the premium memory market.”
Thanks to its industry-leading speed and power efficiency, Samsung’s new mobile DRAM can enable next-generation flagship smartphones to fully leverage 5G and AI capabilities like ultra-high-definition video recording and machine learning, while greatly extending the battery life.
At a data rate of 5,500 megabits per second (Mb/s), the 12Gb LPDDR5 is approximately 1.3 times faster than previous mobile memory (LPDDR4X, 4266Mb/s) that is found in today’s high-end smartphones. When made into a 12GB package, the LPDDR5 is able to transfer 44GB of data, or about 12 full-HD (3.7GB-sized) movies, in only a second.
The new chip also uses up to 30 percent less power than its predecessor by integrating a new circuit design with enhanced clocking, training and low-power feature that ensures stable performance even when operating at a blazingly fast speed.
In order to manage production capacity with more flexibility, Samsung is considering transferring its 12Gb LPDDR5 production to its Pyeongtaek (Korea) campus starting next year, depending on demand from global customers. Following its introduction of the 12Gb LPDDR5 mobile DRAM, Samsung expects to also develop a 16Gb LPDDR5 next year, to solidify its competitive edge in the global memory market.
- 1Renesas Introduces Ultra-Small RX651 32-Bit MCUs for IoT Modules and Space-Constrained Edge Devices
- 2TYAN Launches AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processor Based Server Platform
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F2630 High Accuracy/Low Current LIRC &A/D MCU
- 4Toshiba Memory Corporation Introduces XL-FLASH Storage Class Memory Solution
- 5UnitedSiC Adds 2 New 650V SiC FET Packages to UF3C FAST Series
- 6STM32Trust Ecosystem from STMicroelectronics Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designe
- 7New UP Core Plus Modular Boards from AAEON
- 8Nuvoton Launches Brand New M261/M262/M263 Series MCUs for IoT Applications
- 9Avalue’s EPD-42T Revolutionary Patient Communication Board Enabled by E Ink ePaper
- 10ST Teams with Arrow to Provide e-Fuel-Injection Reference Design Compliant