STMicroelectronics is enhancing software support for smartphone app developers to unleash the full potential from the ne...
STMicroelectronics has updated the TouchGFX user-interface software framework for STM32 microcontrollers, adding new fea...
Featuring smart-shutdown circuitry for fast-acting protection, the STDRIVE601 turns off the gate-driver outputs immediately after detecting overload or short-circuit, for a period determined using an external capacitor and resistor. Designers can set the required duration, using large C-R values if needed, without affecting the shutdown reaction time. An active-low fault indicator pin is provided.
The STDRIVE601 replaces three half-bridge drivers to ease PCB layout and optimize the performance of 3-phase motor drives for equipment such as home appliances, industrial sewing machines, and industrial drives and fans.
All outputs can sink 350mA and source 200mA, with gate-driving voltage range of 9V-20V, for driving N-channel power MOSFETs or IGBTs. Matched delays between the low-side and high-side sections eliminate cycle distortion and allow high-frequency operation, while interlocking and deadtime insertion are featured to prevent cross conduction.
Fabricated in ST’s BCD6S offline process, the STDRIVE601 operates from a logic supply voltage up to 21V and high-side bootstrap voltage up to 600V. Bootstrap diodes are integrated, saving the bill of materials, and under-voltage lockout (UVLO) on each of the low-side and high-side driving sections prevents the power switches operating in low-efficiency or dangerous conditions.
An evaluation board, EVALSTDRIVE601, is available to help users explore the features of the STDRIVE601 and quickly get first prototypes up and running.
- 1Würth Elektronik Introduces WSEN-PADS Absolute Pressure Sensor
- 2u-blox’s Latest Meter-level Positioning Technology Offers Enhanced GNSS Performance
- 3Renesas Premieres RE Family for Its SOTB Process-Based Energy Harvesting Embedded Controller
- 4STMicroelectronics Updates TouchGFX Suite to Elevate UI and Reduce Memory and CPU Needs in STM32 MCU
- 5Toshiba’s New Three-Phase Brushless Motor Control Pre-Driver IC
- 6Avalue’s Latest PICMG COM R3.0 Type 6 module, ESM-CFH
- 7HOLTEK New BA45F6630 and BA45F6622 Human Body Motion Detection MCUs
- 8DELO Introduces Compact LED Curing Lamp DELOLUX 503
- 9The VPC-3350S: Mobile, Flexible and Customizable
- 10NexCOBOT Introduces the AI-enabled Smart Robot Box Series to Revolutionize Smart Manufacturing