STMicroelectronics has been chosen to supply high-efficiency silicon-carbide (SiC) power electronics by Renault-Nissan-M...
STMicroelectronics has extended support for STM32G4 microcontrollers, delivering digital-power and motor-control Discove...
Featuring smart-shutdown circuitry for fast-acting protection, the STDRIVE601 turns off the gate-driver outputs immediately after detecting overload or short-circuit, for a period determined using an external capacitor and resistor. Designers can set the required duration, using large C-R values if needed, without affecting the shutdown reaction time. An active-low fault indicator pin is provided.
The STDRIVE601 replaces three half-bridge drivers to ease PCB layout and optimize the performance of 3-phase motor drives for equipment such as home appliances, industrial sewing machines, and industrial drives and fans.
All outputs can sink 350mA and source 200mA, with gate-driving voltage range of 9V-20V, for driving N-channel power MOSFETs or IGBTs. Matched delays between the low-side and high-side sections eliminate cycle distortion and allow high-frequency operation, while interlocking and deadtime insertion are featured to prevent cross conduction.
Fabricated in ST’s BCD6S offline process, the STDRIVE601 operates from a logic supply voltage up to 21V and high-side bootstrap voltage up to 600V. Bootstrap diodes are integrated, saving the bill of materials, and under-voltage lockout (UVLO) on each of the low-side and high-side driving sections prevents the power switches operating in low-efficiency or dangerous conditions.
An evaluation board, EVALSTDRIVE601, is available to help users explore the features of the STDRIVE601 and quickly get first prototypes up and running.
- 1Take Control of Your Project with COM-CFHB6
- 2Rugged Display Technologies Enhance Reliability
- 3STM32Trust Ecosystem Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designers
- 4HOLTEK New BC45F7930/7940 Sub-1GHz Low-IF OOK RF Receiver 12V High Current MCU
- 5u-blox Enable AddMobile’s Connected Construction Site
- 6600V Three-Phase Gate Driver with Smart Shutdown from STMicroelectronics
- 7New congatec SMARC Module with NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor
- 8Renesas RX72M Industrial Network Solution with Major Sample Communication Protocols
- 9New Discovery Kits and Firmware from STMicroelectronics Kickstart STM32G4