Renesas Electronics announced the first 10 ready to use partner solutions that support the Renesas Advanced (RA) microcontroller (MCU) Family of 32-bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs...
Renesas Electronics introduced its RE Family, which encompasses the company’s current and future lineup of energy harvesting embedded controllers...
The new RX72M solution includes an evaluation board, an operating system, middleware, and a sample software that supports approximately 70 percent of the communications protocols used in industrial network applications. This enables users to immediately launch slave equipment development, such as motor control blocks for compact industrial robots, PLC (programmable logic controller) devices, and remote I/O systems. The sample software includes: EtherCAT, PROFINET RT, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, and OPC UA, as industrial Ethernet software, and PROFIBUS DP, Modbus, RTU/ASCII, CAN open, and DeviceNet, as Field Bus communication software.
Renesas has confirmed conformance testing for the three major protocols – EtherCAT, PROFINET RT, and Ethernet/IP – which represents the global industrial Ethernet market. This allows developers to reduce the overall development time – including development, evaluation, and verification steps – by as much as six months, accelerating their time to market.
The new solution will be showcased in Renesas’ booth at the CIIF (China International Industry Fair) in Shanghai, China, from September 17 to 21, 2019 (booth number 6.1, E202).
"We expect the industrial equipment market connecting to industrial networks to grow at an approximately 10 percent CAGR over the next three years, which will elevate the need for slave equipment that can be developed rapidly and that supports a wide variety of industrial networks to become a critical issue," said Daryl Khoo, Vice President of Marketing, IoT Platform Business Division at Renesas. "Designed for multi-protocol support, the new RX72M Industrial Network Solution will accelerate our customers’ global product deployment efforts."
Industrial network protocols differ extensively between countries and regions, and industrial network equipment deploying globally must support a wide range of protocols. The RX72M solution includes major protocols used in each region, allowing users to evaluate industrial network connectivity equipment immediately. Customers can focus on their own application development efforts, while strengthening their competitive edge for global product deployments.
With the new RX72M solution, Renesas provides sample software and will collaborate with partners providing sales and support mass production protocols to support customers’ transition from development to mass production.
- 1Würth Elektronik Introduces WSEN-PADS Absolute Pressure Sensor
- 2u-blox’s Latest Meter-level Positioning Technology Offers Enhanced GNSS Performance
- 3Renesas Premieres RE Family for Its SOTB Process-Based Energy Harvesting Embedded Controller
- 4STMicroelectronics Updates TouchGFX Suite to Elevate UI and Reduce Memory and CPU Needs in STM32 MCU
- 5Toshiba’s New Three-Phase Brushless Motor Control Pre-Driver IC
- 6Avalue’s Latest PICMG COM R3.0 Type 6 module, ESM-CFH
- 7HOLTEK New BA45F6630 and BA45F6622 Human Body Motion Detection MCUs
- 8DELO Introduces Compact LED Curing Lamp DELOLUX 503
- 9The VPC-3350S: Mobile, Flexible and Customizable
- 10NexCOBOT Introduces the AI-enabled Smart Robot Box Series to Revolutionize Smart Manufacturing