Toshiba Digital & Consulting Corporation and Spain’s Gestamp, the global leader in metal components for automobiles, h...
Toshiba today announced the launch of “TB67B000AHG,” a new three-phase brushless motor driver for home appliances such as air-conditioners...
In recent years, advances in server capacity and performance require larger and higher velocity fans for cooling the excess heat generated by the equipment.
Similarly, small blowers, vacuums and pumps also operate with high-speed impellers that require high power capability. TC78B027FTG is a brushless motor controller with pre-driver that can drive a wide range of external MOSFETs to meet such challenges.
TC78B027FTG features Intelligent Phase Control (InPAC) and Closed Loop Speed Control technologies. InPAC offers high-efficiency drive by synchronizing the phases of the driving voltage and current, thereby delivering maximum real power to the loads.
This operation is usually not possible without some kind of compensation, which generally requires significant motor characterizations upfront and operation adjustments in real time to achieve the optimum efficiency throughout the speed range. InPAC, on the other hand, is an automatic function that requires initialization during design and therefore minimizes adjustment burdens and speeds up the development time.
A closed loop speed control function regulates and maintains the motor rotational speed under dynamic power fluctuations and load variations, a valuable feature for mission-critical applications such as server fans and other cooling applications. Precise setting of a speed profile is done by the built-in non-volatile memory (NVM) and TC78B027FTG therefore eliminates the need for an external MCU for a closed loop speed control.
TC78B027FTG solutions also simplify motor selections—TC78B027FTG requires only one Hall sensor input that can be used either with a single Hall sensor motor or the conventional 3 Hall sensors motors. The IC also employs either a Hall sensor analog or Hall IC digital signal for rotor position detection, which truly simplifies users’ motor selection tasks.
- 1Würth Elektronik Introduces WSEN-PADS Absolute Pressure Sensor
- 2u-blox’s Latest Meter-level Positioning Technology Offers Enhanced GNSS Performance
- 3Renesas Premieres RE Family for Its SOTB Process-Based Energy Harvesting Embedded Controller
- 4STMicroelectronics Updates TouchGFX Suite to Elevate UI and Reduce Memory and CPU Needs in STM32 MCU
- 5Toshiba’s New Three-Phase Brushless Motor Control Pre-Driver IC
- 6Avalue’s Latest PICMG COM R3.0 Type 6 module, ESM-CFH
- 7HOLTEK New BA45F6630 and BA45F6622 Human Body Motion Detection MCUs
- 8DELO Introduces Compact LED Curing Lamp DELOLUX 503
- 9The VPC-3350S: Mobile, Flexible and Customizable
- 10NexCOBOT Introduces the AI-enabled Smart Robot Box Series to Revolutionize Smart Manufacturing